After much mental quibbling and revisiting everyone's input, I first told the sitter 1.25U, at least to start until we saw how much Jester was...
The concern was the big change yesterday with his lower afternoon BG.
I realize you all have been doing this for years and likely go away whenever...
Nope - literally doing that after his AMPS tomorrow, unless any of you folks have a suggestion.
(FYI - I just had two generous shots of Jamesons with...
@Djamila @Kris & Teasel @Rachel
Jester's +10 at 5:10PM was 214
PMPS was 246
1.5U at 7:05
The original plan, before he dropped down to 146, was 1.5U.
Jester's AMPS was 323 this AM so I gave him his usual 1.5u (not fat) and will check him...
Removed the 911.
Fasting +5 was 225 - under the circumstances I think .5U was the right call. He might be a tad high in his AMPS, but between that...
@SpotsMom - fasting BG at +5 was 225.
.5U wsa the right call for now, I think.
Thank you again for holding my hand.
SpotsMom has been hand holding me on the main forum.
Jester's belated PMPS was 270 and I gave him .5U - planning a pre-bed check around midnight.
Done - thanks so much.
I'll check him again before bed. Tomorrow I'll probably be dosing him about 7:30am.
The dose for the sitter is going to be...
It was 270 - maybe .5U?
It was working until I monkeyed with the dosage and made it a "fat" 1.5U.
Nearly all of his BGs were in yellows and pinks so that's what we were...
He hasn't been that low on a +10/11 for nearly a month . And that was when he was off insulin because he wasn't eating enough to give him anything.
Thanks. I've been in full blown panic mode since taking Jester's BG at 5:15.
It was supposed to be 1.5u since he's been running a little high on that for almost a week.
Now I don't have a clue.
Separate names with a comma.