01/03 Caturday - News

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dyana, Jan 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

If I don't watch it, this kitten is going to think his name is NO! as that is what he hears most often.

I got one new picture this morning, and none last night, but don't have time to down load it and up load it.

I have a full length mirror next to the basement door, and the kitten knows about it and likes to see himself, but yesterday morning he was racing at 30 miles per hour up and down the house and crashed into it o_O
    There is a big water bowl out for the cats and last night I was typing away or reading on the computer and heard a BIG SPLASH, and turned to see the water going back and forth in big waves. I guess he dived into it.
    This morning, I took out Ginger's toy, and called out to Ginger who was staying in the bedroom, "do you want to play with your toy, Ginger?" and she came out. That was good. I put the toy away as I did not think she would play with it with the baby loose. I decided to give her some treats instead, and put down a couple for the baby to keep him occupied and followed Ginger into the bathroom (her special place to get good things to eat) and found her sitting on the closed toilet. I was trying to decide where to put her treats, when in marches/scampers the kitten. Ginger reached down with her face and touched noses with him :) and then when the baby backed up and went to lunge at her face to hug her, she hissed:stop:
    Ginger then went down into the basement, as that is where "her" litter box is. I open the door to check on her, and the baby goes racing down the steps (the vet said "No Stairs"). I yell at him again and he comes racing back up the steps:confused:

I feel bad every day when I'm at work, thinking about the kitten locked in that cage all day. He is supposed to be "restrained" for a week, I think. I'll have to ask the vet today, as she never called me back regarding the stool sample I left for them yesterday morning. His foot seems just fine, when he is let out morning and night to go playing. I think keeping him in the cage all day does help Ginger though, to get used to him. :bighug:

My keyboard is sticking a little, because the baby spilled my drink into it yesterday.

Uh, there goes another crash. :( But, I love him, anyway :p
    I must go investigate and pick up whatever fell, and get Ginger out for a walk, if she wants to go in the 4 degree weather or whatever it is this morning.

See ya.

Anne & Zener GA likes this.
  2. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Yep lively happenin's around your house! My baby tux likely thinks his name is NO too. :) His favorite trick is to get up on something high and jump off - legs spread wide like a kid jumping hollering 'Superman' as he flies thru the air. Most of the time he lands on his feet. :) Sounds like Ginger is going to do just fine with him. She's already correcting him by hissing rather than running! I can almost hear JD giggling. HUGS! More pics please!

3. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Dyana,
    Keepin' you on your toes, alright! Good thing you've got Ginger to help you with the baby. Now he learns two types of "no", your's and hers!!

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

4. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

This condo just made me :joyful::):woot::cat: today!!!

5. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

What a great WKR! Scritches ans cuddles to both Ginger [​IMG] and the little one.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  6. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

I didn't know smiling this much could make my face hurt. Just flying for all these fun reports about the kitten. And Ginger.

(I had a dog. NoBuddy!)

Marilyn and Polly

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It sounds like things are going well and everyone is starting to adjust. He'll definitely keep you on your toes. This week will go by quickly and then he'll have more freedom.

8. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Yesterday morning, right after I posted, the kitten ran down the basement steps again, and ran right to Ginger and they touched noses for a bit. Then the kitten laid down a little over a foot away, and then Ginger hissed at him.

I again thought about him being caged up all day yesterday, while I was at work.
    I got a call from the vet and the stool sample was negative for parasites, so she said he has no worms.
    She said to try to feed him the same thing for a couple weeks and see if his loose stools don't resolve. I I I don't know.. he gobbles up all his food, like a feral cat that hasn't eaten all day, and then goes to get whatever Ginger left. He's an eating machine.
    Our vet said he can be let out of the cage since he seems to be doing okay, but I will restrain him for one more day today.
    Ginger has been pretty much staying away from him, either in the bedroom or the basement. She is loving at night. The kitten slept with me on the couch until midnight, then I went to bed and Ginger was all licking my hand and wanting her snuggle time with me.

Pictures from last night:
    [​IMG]

Anne & Zener GA likes this.
  9. terri1962

terri1962 Well-Known Member

He is very cute. I hope Ginger adjusts and takes to him, I think she is probably just letting him know who is the boss of the house right now.

Terri

10. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

If Ginger only hisses, that is remarkably tolerant. but then, I'm remarkably bad at integrating new cats into the household!

11. ecurie

ecurie Well-Known Member

:bighug:Dyana, Your new baby is soooo adorable. Please give him a gentle squeeze from me. I bet JD is so happy you have a real smile on your face and in your heart.
    Xoxo Mary and ollie

12. Paula

Paula Well-Known Member

Dyana,
    This picture is absolutely adorable!
    I just wanted to jump into the computer screen and give him a big hug!
    I'm glad Ginger is starting to accept him. I think in time they will get along just fine.
    "Mr No" is going to keep you very busy.
    Nice to know you are smiling again. I know J.D. is very pleased.
    More Pics Please!

13. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

James. James Bond. In his tuxedo.
    Liz

Dyana likes this.
  14. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I like that Liz. I also like Jessie James.

15. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

I love that picture. That wittle nosie. Those adorable, trusting eyes.

Actually, his response to Ginger is perfect! All the times I brought kitten(s) into a house with a resident adult cat, the little stinkers didn't give up...chasing, batting at tails, generally making the older cat a "target" for their kitten play. Sounds like your two are very nicely working out a successful relationship. Yea!

Marilyn and Polly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.