01/03: Esse AMPS: 334 PMPS 385

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele and Esse, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Hi, guys...

Yesterday's condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=868
    PMPS +10=347

And once again, a big shout out to those who were able to stay with me and hold my hand, offer conversation, opinions, thoughts, and ideas.

WCR: she went throught a big growling upset last night, and claimed the big pet pillow by the window all to herself. She was still there hours later..but not growly when I went and got her for her poke. She just hit the box, and no ketones (YAY), and is meandering around, looking for petting and snuggles. She's got bright eyes, and is trying to decide if my lap can hold both Simon and her...it can't, but my arms are long enough, so I'm reaching down and loving on her. She's purring.

WBR: Phew. Just phew.

Best-
    Michele ;-)

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 01/03: Esse PMPS + 10=347

you mean like this? angry(2)_cat lol!

Cute WCR hoping for nice results today!

3. Michele and Esse

Re: 01/03: AMPS: 334

Ronnie, I hope you're right.

AMPS: 334, shot 2.5 units. Hopefully, we broke through the rebound last night...I am so very pleased with these numbers; while still punky pink, they're far better than brutal black...

Maybe she'll go yellow today? Hey, a bean can hope, right?

I am going to be at the barn for quite a while today, so I'll test before I go; but right now, I'm btb for a few hours. I slept poorly last night, for worry about my kitty...

Best-
    Michele

4. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Re: 01/03: Esse AMPS: 334

I loved your post in Community, Michele. LL Angels is a perfect name for the volunteers who help us here.

5. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

A big fat whew is right! I hop Esse's numbers continue to drop. You deserve some much needed rest.

6. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Better, Esse...much better!!! Whew....
    I agree with Linda...your post was well said - thank you for posting that too! :thumbup

My post to you yesterday got lost somehow...but I wanted to empathize with you and Esse's Black numbers...
    Shadow went to black at PMPS on 12/30....sent me into a panic mode. ohmygod_smile We can give HC to bring UP our lower green numbers,
    but can't do much with lowering the high ones, right? Very scary and very frustrating.
    Waiting it out is so hard for us.
    Sitting by and doing nothing is almost an impossible task. (can we invent a kitty wheel like the gerbils use?) :thumbup

Shadow had just had earned a dosecrease 2 days before but I believe that there was more at play with his Black number...(maybe I am wrong, but he seems to do weird things around the extremes of the moon. Trying to gather more data...new moon in 2 weeks)
    With Esse, she has that ear infection going on too.....infections raise the BGs...until that is cleared up, you are giving the meds which also raise her BGs. You have passed through the moon phase and now it's just the other two things to deal with.....you done good Kiddo! You handled it very well and posting to receive advice was helpful too....keep up the good work..hope Esse will find some lower numbers today....enjoy your time at the barn too! :D

7. Fleapunk

Fleapunk Member

And you won't get any sleepus either when Esse starts getting into the green, but it's all worth it. :D For right now, I'll just cheer for the yellow section!

Loved your community post!

8. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Ah, this is better and it isn't even a high 300. That rebound stuff is upsetting and I'm glad Esse didn't hang out in the red/black this morning. I am hoping for a much better day today and so far it looks like that will happen.

Have a good day in the barn and return to a happy kitty.
    (P.S. Very nice post in Community.)

9. Michele and Esse

Thank you all...I wrote what I felt, and what's true (for me). I'm glad you all understand where I'm coming from...

Hey! And guess what? +2=274! We're looking like we're gonna have "a bright, bright sunshiney day" (erm, name that tune...). (And I have to say, last night, when I finally went to bed, I hugged her and informed her she'd have to get a dose increase if I didn't see some decent numbers soon...HAH! She listened...). And according to what I am seeing right now, Malachi is chasing her, and bothering her...she jumped into the high bowl on the kitty condo, and is lurking up there, waiting for him so she can bap him one. ROFL. She is acting really hungry, so I'm going to put something down before I head out for the barn...

And yes, CD, there will be other green sleepless nights, but at least for now, I can relax a bit.

Best-
    Michele

10. Michele and Esse

Re: 01/03: Esse AMPS: 334 +8=365

She's holding steady here...and I just can't complain...had to wake her to get her tested, and she just lifted her head; she tucked it down right away, and is back in snoozy-land. I had a phenomenal ride - Tango finally did something we've been trying for months, and he was so proud of himself! And I was tickled pink too.

I'm going to roast a chicken for my dinner...and I think, just for tonight, the cats will get some fresh roasted chicken for their dinner, too...

Best-
    Michele

11. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I would like some roasted chicken too, please. :D

And an order for Lucy too. She loooooooooooves chicken!

12. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Nice to see those pinks and even a bit of yellow. Sounds like a decent day...keep it up Esse and Michele!

13. Michele and Esse

Libby, I'll send some right over...LOL. Just put it in, and Oliver really, really wanted the raw giblets...bless him, he knows better than to get on the counter, but he did anyway. LOL!

Amy, it has been a much better day; she's at +10.25 390, and often drops before PMPS, which would be nice...'cause that would mean a whole 12 in pinks...which is a far cry from yesterday's red and black.

I am going to contact the vet tomorrow, and ask for a remix of the meds...without the steroids. There are other antiinflammatories on the market, and I'd rather use one of them than see her bs up over 500 again...

Esse is still in the bowl by the door...just hanging out and watching the world go by.

Best-
    Michele

14. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Since you and the kitties, Libby & Lucy wanted roast chicken.... (Although with your herd, you may need a turkey!)

[​IMG]

Thanks for your post in Community. You stated what I certainly feel -- and I suspect that many others feel, as well.

15. Michele and Esse

PMPS+385! Yes!!

Sienne, I don't like roasting turkeys (I do them on the BBQ for Thanksgiving and Christmas), but I've been known to roast several chickens at once; when they're 5 lbs each, it's fairly easy to get some for the cats as well as me...although, we can all share one (I'll get two meals, and so will they...) and be happy. I was going to do potatoes and carrots, but have decided to just stuff a breast into a warmed pita with some mayo, alfalfa sprouts, red onion, and some horseradish cheddar, and call it good. LOL...

WCR: happy, came over to the bowl by the computer for testing, ate, shot 2.5, and she is content now. She's waiting for the chicken to be done...they'll all get snacks of chicken and skin when it's done...(I put it in too late for it to be their dinner tonight...they will, however, have it tomorrow night, and get snacks of it tonight. LOL...and they know it!).

And you're welcome, Sienne...quite.

Best-
    Michele

16. Michele and Esse

WOOT! PMPS +2.5=282. I will get up early and do a test before AMPS, so we can see the end of the cycle. And one day this week, I will manage to get both a +2hour curve, as well as some nighttime checks.

WCR: tummy is too full to move farther than two feet from the kitchen. She does love her roast chicken...LOL. So, apparently, does Malachi. BTW, tomorrow he is 6 months old...(best as we can tell...). Esse is so full she just laid there when Malachi got the good meal goofies and leapt on her...she just kinda poked her head up, let out a "kitty groan", and looked at me. I couldn't help but just laugh at them.

Have a great night, all.

best-
    Michele

17. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Goodnight Michele! You are an awesome mamabean to your kitty and it's a pleasure to read your posts.

18. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Much better day, Esse! :smile:

((((Michele)))) To say your posts in Community were moving would be an understatement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.