01/03 KB's AMPS 272; Thank you LL angels (long)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Nina and KB, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Yesterday's thread:http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=875

KB started on the high side yesterday but I blame the low cycle just prior.

By PM, we had a beautiful cycle, including some blue, no R, up through the 2:13 AM sleep test. Then a higher AMPS (but not as high as yesterday).

KB has been trying to recover from low BGs, lack of appetite, possible nausia, a lowered dose, and a bean about to go back to work which will mean no spot checks. He's been doing really well the last few days - appetite has returned to normal, most P's in place, but I'm not ready, he's not regulated.

And this is the only place I can discuss any of this. A place where this lingo and these worries make any sense. A place where other people understand the need to sometimes supplement a long-acting insulin with a shorter one. A place where SS information is posted and reviewed freely, without the eyebrows raising, and the surprise at the level of monitoring and attention to detail. A place where even pee and poop have nicknames, and are mentioned daily, sometimes hourly. A place where othere people are also up in the middle of the night, just in case someone needs help Right Now.

Nowhere else are people as knowledgable about FD - or kidney issues, skin problems, upset tummys, pancreatitis (oh, can you test for that?), different kinds of purrs and what they mean.

We have some say in our choice of doctors and weigh what they say with what we know, feel, read, and learn from others. Managing FD is no different. If we want to solicit and follow advice dispensed from this site, that should be our choice. Yes, it's scary to maybe receive bad advice from someone that possibly shouldn't have offered it, I don't know how to address that going forward.

I've seen many people step in and fill the shoes of those that have been unable to help and they've done a terrific job. I hate to think that recent events may effect that. It saddens me to know that feelings have been hurt, people who opinions I value have decided to stop coming to this site. It's a huge loss and I hope they reconsider. There's much to lose.

2. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Well said, Nina.

3. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

((((Nina))))

FWIW, some of the people I find most inspirational in LL are those like you, who probably don't have a chance at going OTJ and don't focus on that. You just keep plugging away and doing your best for your kitty, day in and day out. You have good days and bad days, and you vent when you need to, but there is no pity party. You, the other acro moms for sure, people like DD/Tinkerbell and Janice/Spike and KT and I'm not gonna name any more names because I would leave someone out and I don't mean to do that. We ALL belong here.

4. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

(((Nina)))

I haven't been online in a few days, so I'm now trying to catch up with what I missed.

I agree 100% with your thoughts. I would be lost if it weren't for all the wonderful people on this Board, who understand everthing we're all going through. The support, advice, wisdom and encouragement I've received have kept me and Chloe going. I'd be devastated to think that anything might change.

5. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Nina)))

Agree 100%

6. Me and Bayley

Me and Bayley Member

I have not been on regularly over the holidays due to being in and out and also to having major trouble with my internet connections. I can say that I have no idea of what has been going on in the last bit or that paople have left or why - but what i CAN say is that this site has been an absolute life saver for my sanity and I believe literally for my Bayley. I don't know how we would have gotten through the last very very difficult year without you and the others from this site. I also know - about to really find out about if we are an acro family - I will continue to need the knowledge, experience and support from this board as my vet office has openly stated that they have never come across an acro cat (if her results come back saying that - which I still have some hope they will not but that is just me putting it out there in hopes that it will work - lol) . I am truly thankful for the incredible kindness and support from people here. Bottom line is that I agree with you 100% !

7. Barb and Tori

Barb and Tori Well-Known Member

Nina thank you for saying much more eloquently than I what I am feeling today.

8. Nina and KB

Re: 01/03 KB's AMPS 272 PMPS 267

Dosecrease to 5.25.

Dismantled the Christmas tree and household trimmings today, was not around to visit condos.

Thank you all for your comments and support. (I guess I should have posted in Community, but LL IS my community.)

9. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Re: 01/03 KB's AMPS 272 PMPS 267

((((((((((((((((((((Nina)))))))))))))))))))))

10. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Very well said Nina! Thank you for posting!
    Hugs to you and beautiful KB!!!

11. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Nina,

That was written very well. I remember all to well the day I came home with Sara's DX. Insuline in one hand, syringes in another, I felt very alone and scared. I did'nt have a clue on how to proceed, how would I cope. Than I found FD, and everything changed. I have found friends, support, and great wealth of knowledge. I am now in control of the situation thanks to the people here. It's a wonderful feeling and I owe it all to the members of this community.
    Me and Sara would'nt be where we are today if it was'nt for you all.

I owe everything to all of you here and I would hate the thought of losing any of you. For you have made me whole.

Many thanks FD,

Nina, thanks for posting this.

jan and sara

12. Jamy & Indy

Jamy & Indy Member

I too am one of those that really doesn't know what this is all about or what prompted the situation. However, I too am one of those who feel like this place and the wonderfully generous people here have saved my sanity and who have helped Indy get to where he is today. I was devastated when I learned Indy was diabetic and terrified at the thought of having to give him shots. The unknown is not a place I like to go. And my vet (old vet) was giving advice that didn't make sense. What I learned from the people here was what made sense and what has turned out to have actually helped Indy. I probably would have killed him with and insulin overdose if I hadn't trusted my instincts and followed what I learned from posting here.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart and the tip of Indy's nose to the tip of his crooked tail! You are truly angels in disguise!

13. skippy and birten

skippy and birten Member

Nina 100% agree with you. It is going to be a year come January 9th when I joined and I find this site the most valuable place to get information (more than the 4 vets I have visited in the past year). I value everyones advise and if it was not for You and every one this site Skippy would not be here today! I am confused with what is going on and have noticed for the past 2-3 months that some have left and it saddens me like you.

I am glad though the KB is doing better and like you tomorrow is work and not that many spot checkes ohmygod_smile>

Take care and have a great week :smile:

14. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

That was beautiful Nina! Well said... ((hugs))

15. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Thank you Nina. I only hope that the group of people who have offered help to so many of us continue to do so. Without them, we lose the sense of community that makes this Board unique and literally, a place that saves lives.

16. Nina and KB

Re: 01/03 KB's AMPS 272 PMPS 267 +5 257

Starting to come down a little finally, was higher at 3.5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.