? 01/04 AMPS 267+2 185 +4 155 AT2 MooCAT need advice on shooting Late

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Moocat, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Moocat

Moocat Member

Moomoo has been on "drop" of insulin and I guess doing okay , nothing to write home about, but I don't have the ability to monitor as I did during the holidays so I'm afraid to increase the dose as he seems to be pretty sensitive to insulin. This Saturday and Next Saturday I will not be home on time for PMS- I will be 1.5 to 2 hrs late. What should I do? Give the shot? skip the shot? What is worse? I would appreciate any feedback on late shooting and also dosecrease. I previously posted this on the main forum and thought it would be better to post here on Lantus Forum.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I agree, it does look like MooCat needs to go up to 0.1 units of insulin. By hanging onto a dose that isn't giving him good numbers, you may be seeing some glucose toxicity building up.

As for shooting late, do you have the ability to gradually move your shot time back? You can move the shot back or forward by 1/2 hour once a day, or 15 minutes a cycle. I had a regular monthly meeting at night that started before PMPS, so I would just move shot time up a few days before hand, then back afterwards.

3. Moocat

Moocat Member

I moved time to 8:40 yesterday then tonight I can move to 9:10 then 9:40 tomorrow morning and it will be okay to give shot around 10:15 10:30? I'm thinking about increasing dose tonight. I'm kinda scared. Update on BGs @+2 185 @+4 155 he usually nadirs @+5. Maybe hold the dose? I have such little experience with this that all I can see in my spreadsheet is whenever he goes blue or green, the next couple days are higher and flatter.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    Reason for edit: ETA
  4. Moocat

Moocat Member

Looks like the time frame to tomorrow night's late shot would not fit into the 30 min once a day push back. In this case how would you advise? Skip?

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Shooting later than 1/2 hour past schedule is not so much a problem. Shooting earlier can act like an increase, somis mire the concern when you want to get back on schedule.

Moocat likes this.