01/04 J.D. AMPS 368

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dyana, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!!

I accidently overslept, and J.D.'s shot was given at +13.25.
    Libby, I was preparred to up his dose to a nice flat 2.50 this moring, but now I have to give the next 5 shots early, so stayed with the same F2.25 which I find not that easy to measure, especially this morning half awake and hurrying to measure the dose.
    Yesterday's Thread

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

That sounds like a good plan.

I hate those mornings where I'm rushing around.

3. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

You must have needed that extra sleep this morning Dyana. Sorry to see that JD is still so high there.

4. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Come on down JD!

Have a great day Dyana!

5. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 01/04 J.D. +7 416 Advice Please

I just gave J.D. his 2nd dose of R today. I don't like these numbers, and I feel like I don't know what to do. Should I just wait it out?
    I shot very late this morning, and I don't want to shoot an hour early like I have in the past when he has been high, because I have to work tomorrow and don't need the "dose increase" that shooting 1 hour early can make. I didn't want to up his dose this morning (of course I was barely thinking this morning when I woke up in a panic 1 hour and 15 minutes late for his shot) because I knew I would have to be shooting early for 5 shots now, to get back on schedule. Help or advise is appreciated.

***Note to Newbies*** - I shot some R to J.D. at +3. This is not advised for another cat and can be very dangerous because the R and the Lantus can nadir at the same time and cause hypo. J.D. is on a special plan (for him only) when using R.

J.D. is acting a little out of it at the present moment, but that can be from the high numbers or that I just woke him up out of bed to test.
    Earlier today, he was eating just fine, and we went out for a walk outside, and he was acting normal. His fur is still soft and shiney.

On a better note: I do have a 3 day weekend coming up (Friday through Sunday) Wooo Hooo, so can do some extra monitoring of any dose changes for three days in a row...!!!

Advise or support appreciated.

6. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Re: 01/04 J.D. +7 416 Help Please

Hang on, Dyana - looking at SS.

You're doing a great job covering the numbers with R for right now. I know they must be frustrating you.

7. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Re: 01/04 J.D. +7 416 Help Please

Only help I can offer is (((hugs))), but sending those in large quantities.

8. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. I changed the Subject from "Help Please" to "Advice Please". I'm not in dire need of Help, I was just afraid to use the word Advice, and didn't think "Support Please" covered what I wanted.
    Maybe, I am just frustrated, but but I feel like I'm not doing what I should or something.
    We just took another walk outside...it's flipping freezing out there!!!...and I'm sure he wants more food because he feels his BGs dropping from the R...and soon his great liver will take over, again...yeah frustrated.

9. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

(((((Dyana)))))

10. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 01/04 J.D. +8 349

Eating FF more now.

11. Cassandra and Sasha

(((Dyana)))

I don't think you are giving yourself nearly enough credit. You do a fantastic job with J.D. - and he certainly doesn't make it easy peasy for you!

If it were me, and I was planning on slightly increasing soon anyway, I would probably shoot the hour early tonight if still red or cover tonight with R and shoot the hour early in the AM if still high. Once the time changes are behind you, you can reassess things and see if you want to up the dose a little.

What do you think? You know J.D. and what he does with early shots well. If that doesn't make you feel comfortable, then maybe if we put our heads together we can come up with another plan.

12. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Cassandra

Would it be something like 11/28/09 when I overslept?
    I would rather shoot at +11 tonight than tomorrow morning, just because I'm afraid of the overlap and being gone all day tomorrow.
    +11 would be in 2 1/2 hours from now. Hope this last dose of R doesn't work too good, or do I?
    Just thinking out loud.

13. Cassandra and Sasha

Re: Cassandra

It could be very much like 11/28. The problem is gauging when the early shot will show up. To me, it looks like the overlap it created on 11/28 carried into the 11/29 AM cycle. So if that is the case, then shooting early tomorrow AM may be a better choice (if the early shot waits until the PM cycle to show).

In Sasha, time changes often don't show in the cycle I shoot them in - usually it is the next cycle or later. Some cats are more sensitive to time adjustments than others. Sasha is pretty time sensitive, and I think J.D. is too.

Things could change by +11. Let's see where this goes with this dose of R.

14. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Thanks for your help Cassandra. You are much appreciated for all you do here.
    I'll try to quit whining now.

15. Cassandra and Sasha

(((Dyana))) I don't hear you whining at all. I'd be asking the same questions and pondering the same things in your shoes. I've been in positions when Sasha's numbers just didn't make sense, and I felt like I couldn't change them. I know how hard it is.

Doesn't matter how long you've been playing this game - sometimes it helps to talk it out with other people and weigh your options. :smile:

16. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Come on you handsome Boy, show us some nice blue numbers today!
    Dyana, it is frustrating trying to deal with so much..you need HUGS~!

17. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 01/04 J.D. +10 241

+10 241

18. Natasha & Seamus

Natasha & Seamus Member

(((Big Hug))) chin up Dyana. I know easy for me to say, but you're doing the best you can and JD appreciates it even if his livers being a b.

19. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 01/04 J.D. +11 252

Gorgeous picture of Seamus, Natasha!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.