01/04 Sam Siam pmbg 67, +2.5 81 DOSE QUESTION!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by donna & sam siam, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donna & sam siam

donna & sam siam Member

Well, yesterday was a new experience for sure. I'm a little concerned today since I have to go back to work and won't be able to monitor Sam so much. Unfortunately I was not able to get completely back on his early schedule so I had to shoot 1/2 hr early which I know is a no no. I shaved a sliver hoping it will help. Will try to get home at +3.5 to test if at all possible.
    I can check this at work so if anyone has a suggestion or comment I will get it. Thank you all!

Please see my reply below...Thx!!

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=60028

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Re: 01/04 Sam Siam amps 147

Hi guys .. love the amps today! If you have to be at work today, make sure to leave some fuds down for him ok? Now surf away sam siam! Have a great day guys!

3. Linda for Weezer

Linda for Weezer Well-Known Member

Sam, yesterday was awesome fun, but we only do that when the bean is around, OK?

4. donna & sam siam

donna & sam siam Member

I agree!! Feeling a bit helpless today not knowing. Left lil Samers lots of mushy food to last the day. Just checked...74 @ +8.5. Whoah, thinkin he got pretty low today, but musta come out of it ok. 74 is good and he's still breathing!! Gotta luv that cat! flip_cat

5. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Just sent you an email, as I couldnt respond to your PM--You need to register as a member--I dont know where--Check out top of page where it says member & click--Maybe I missed it--
    Will be glad to help with Sam's leg issues!
    Check Email OK?
    I am glad to see such nice numbers for sam!!--Keep nup the good works--Just always leave food out for him, as they will eat if they feel themselves dropping--Most Cats anyway!
    You could also use a timed feeder, that will also work!--Do the best you can--Looks very good to me--Hugs from us!! :mrgreen:

6. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

beautiful. :smile: All of a sudden, Sam is turning into surfing pro.

7. donna & sam siam

donna & sam siam Member

Anybody out there? I am leaving in about 5 minutes (again!! arrrggghh!!) and Sam's pmbg is 63. Should I worry about low bg, or do you think the insulin will be wearing off soon enough? Guess I will have to shoot when I get home which will be +2.5, which is gonna totally throw me off schedule because I will be at work tomorrow then. Any suggestions??

8. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Donna...you'll catch more eyes if you add "Dose Question!" to the subject line of your first post..

9. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I wouldn't shoot that low if you're going to be gone for a couple of hours, especially since you haven't shot that low before. When you shoot low for the first few times, we pretty much insist on a +1 and +2 so you can keep the kitty safe. You can see where he is when you get home and then decide whether to shoot or skip. There should be someone around then to help you decide what to do.

10. donna & sam siam

donna & sam siam Member

Re: 01/04 Sam Siam +2.5 81 DOSE QUESTION! SHOULD i SKIP?

Just checked Sam at 2.5 & he's 81. Thinking I should skip?? If I do, I can shoot earlier than +12 in the morning...would that be helpful?? Thank you all!

11. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Donna:

You haven't shot a dose this low before and I would worry about you shooting it unless you plan to stay up awhile. Shooting late does act as a dose reduction and he might be fine but he hasn't come up much between
    +12 and +14.5. One of our policies is that if we suggest you shoot low, we stay up with you and I've been up with Gracie and worked 9 hours today....I'm not sure how long I could stay awake to guide you if he comes
    back down.

If you skip, then pick what time you want to shoot in the morning and start over again with his 1.25u; he probably will go higher tonight but you should be able to get him back on track in a cycle or so.

I'm sorry...wish I could stay up with you but I'm already falling asleep at the keys :D Many people don't shoot after +14 just because getting back on the regular schedule is harder.

12. donna & sam siam

donna & sam siam Member

Marjorie,
    NO NEED TO APOLOGIZE AT ALL!!! I am SOOOO grateful for all you have done for me! My choice is to wait anyhow since I will be able to shoot earlier tomorrow and I really don't want to risk this low number. Please go to sleep and give hugs to Gracie. Hope she is ok? Take care and thank you again!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.