01/05/2012 Spitzer - and when the appetite meds wore off ...

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by BJM, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Previously

I was going to give the appetite stimulant in the evening, rather than that morning - making it 3 days + 12 hours since the last dose, instead of 3 days exactly.

It mattered - I tested him yesterday evening and he was in the mid-80s at PMPS, probably from not eating enough (no vomit in evidence). I fed and stalled 4 hours, to midnight and he reached the upper 300s. In order to be safe, I gave 1.5 units instead of 1.75, to allow the shed to drain some (dose reduced 0.25, plus delayed, which is also like a dose reduction), just in case he didn't eat much overnight. I gave him the appetite and anti-nausea meds and hoped he'd eat well overnight. He did.

As expected this morning (+8ish from the midnight dose of lantus), he had swung high from going so low yesterday and the dose reduction. I didn't want to give more Lantus yet, and I need to get back on the 8 am & 8 pm schedule, so ... I gave him 1 unit of ProZinc (a full day's dose would be around 2 units) to keep him from going too high over the next 12 hours. It won't affect the Lantus shed and it isn't as harsh as R or N. I'll go home and check him at +12 (noon) from last night's Lantus to see what he needs. If I could leave work to check him at +16 too, I would have gone with using the R; that wasn't feasible.

I understand that this is not on any known protocol. I understand that no one normally uses both Lantus and ProZinc at the same time nor overlaps them.

2. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Re: 01/05/2012 Spitzer - and when the appetite meds wore off

HI, Spitz!!!
    Iz Binks!!!
    How you doing, buddy??

3. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Re: 01/05/2012 Spitzer - and when the appetite meds wore off

Hi Binks!

I'z doing OK - da ProZinc helped wi' today - only 192 @ +13 from Lantus & +5 from ProZinc! I'z happy not 2 be real high b'fore next Lantus! Mehbe I kinz git back on ma schedule!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.