01/05 Baby: Levemir

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Nicole & Baby, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

2. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Hi Nicole!

I've noticed that when more than 1 person is tagged, sometimes the tags don't go through. I'll tag them again and see if that gets to them. For Sienne it's a bit late already tonight so she may not show up til morning.

@Sienne and Gabby (GA)
    and
    @Marje and Gracie

Are you just looking for an explanation of her numbers? I've noticed before that sometimes cats look like they have a 24 hour ish cycle on Lev instead of 2 12 hour cycles. It may a similar situation with Baby. I don't think you have to do anything differently at this point. I am noticing that the past 2 nights she has had blue pmps tests, and tonight's was a little lower than last night's. Overall it looks like she's flattening out some. I saw that she got into the 30's the last time she was on this dose, so I wouldn't hurry to raise the dose just yet, especially since it looks like she may be settling into it.

Just my thoughts, let's see what others say. I'm also going to tag @Wendy&Neko because she has extensive experience with Lev.

Nicole & Baby likes this.
  3. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Hi Nicole

It's not unusual for day and night cycles to look different. It looks to me that right now Baby is coming down during the day and bouncing a tad at night.

I think it depends upon where you want the nadirs. You've caught a nadir at 69. You can continue to let the shots build upon each other and see if the rest of the curve comes down.

Or, you've got room for a 0.25u increase if you can monitor and you don't mind if nadirs come down a bit more. If she were mine, I might try to wait just a bit longer.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Neko very seldom had night cycles the same as her day cycles. Her favourite trick was to bounce during the day and keep me up with a lower cycle at night. Which is why I'm such a fan of those before bed tests and making sure you always get at least one test at night.

I agree with Marje - with that 69 in there I'd hold a bit and see if she can get back to green.

5. Nicole & Baby

thank you all!! really appreciate you chiming in & offering advice! :smuggrin:
    I do have the ability to test a lot over next several days but think I will hold her here at 1.5 for few more cycles since I saw another green last night. :D

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Julie was correct -- I had dozed off early last night.

I think waiting sounds just fine. I think you're going to have to get acclimated to the difference in how Baby's Lev cycles play out. For some cats, Lev cycles look very different than Lantus and for others, there's no appreciable difference.

7. Nicole & Baby

i held her at 1.5 based on advice ... she is so blue .. what does that mean on Lev? @Wendy&Neko

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

She likes Lev. Some cats go a lot flatter on Lev. Occasionally flat blue will mean a more active cycle to follow. Nice little spot of green in there last night. :) I found that as Neko started to work a good dose her cycles would go flatter.

9. Nicole & Baby

thank you @Wendy&Neko I am definitely pleased with what I am seeing. Today marks 7 years ago that we started insulin. I guess I will keep her at this dose and see what happens & will ask again before I increase .. I have held this dose a long time & it seems to be working for her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.