01/06/13 Emmy AMPS=266, +2=400

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by jennyb, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jennyb

jennyb Member

WOOT! WOOT! I rembembered! :RAHCAT flip_cat dancing_cat

Sticking with the shallow *1 unit, going to decrease the orijin more

AMPS=266
    +2 400- fur shot

1/2 unit @9AM
    +1=211
    +2=193
    +5=79, fed her some of her left over wet breakie snack size) immediately looking more spry.
    +6=121
    +9=295

PMPS=356
    +164, fed her snack(same as above)

2. ecurie

ecurie Well-Known Member

Re: 01/06/13 Emmy AMPS=266

Good morning! YEAH! It's nice to see a celebration starting so early!! I hope you and Emmy have a great day with good numbers and more :RAHCAT :RAHCAT flip_cat flip_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat :D take good care - mary and oliver

3. jennyb

jennyb Member

Don't know what's wrong with her numbers?

Just smelled her fur smells like fur shot :(
    I gave her1/2 unit don't want her to be so high all day, I'm so mad at myself now she's all messed up again. Arrrrgggg!!!! Frustration angry(2)_cat

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Jenny, did you give her a second shot of .5 unit today? That's not recommended as you don't know how much insulin got in for the fur shot. Also, you then have 2 different nadirs to worry about. You may have to test Emmy more often today. We all do fur shots - we just wait the 12 hours and start over again with the next shot. If you did do a second shot, could you write something in your SS notes about when you did it and how much. I see there are two entries for today.

In addition to a possible fur shot, that higher +2 could be Emmy's reaction to those lovely blues she had yesterday.

5. jennyb

jennyb Member

I did write when I gave her the second it was at 9am I am tracking it and i won't be doing it again, but I'm 99% sure she got nothing b/c she always flintches and she didn't that time I thought it was odd but dismissed it till I got the first reading.

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

A second shot is a bad idea. Please keep a close eye on Emmy's numbers. You don't know how much of the first shot actually went in. There are times when you smell Lantus on a cat's fur and it's from a drop or two of insulin that's on the outside of the syringe. There's a possibility that you've given Emmy twice the amount of insulin that she needs.

Please get a +3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.