01/06 Basil AMPS 110 PMPS 128

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Good morning sugar kitties and jelly beans,

Basil seems to want to play in the blue a bit more. We should have done an evening spot check, but I wanted to give his ear a break. Tonight, we'll get a couple in the PM and maybe just go easy in the day.

Rosie, our other kitty, left half her breakfast today. It was a new flavor, so I don't know if it wasn't up to snuff, or if she is the kitty who vomited yesterday and she isn't feeling right. She seems otherwise fine, so we are in wait-and-see mode. Her stomach has always been very delicate, even when she was a kitten.

I hope everyone sees lots of greens today.

Yesterday's Condo

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 02/06 Basil AMPS 110

Nice AMPS! My civvie (nondiabetic) kitty was an sensitive tummy one, I learned that it usually occured when she got her food cold, so now I serve food warmed up, made a huge difference over time.

Hope u have a good day!

3. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Re: 02/06 Basil Bad Momma

Thanks, Ronnie. I should be more vigilant about putting warm water onto food from the refrig.

4. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 02/06 Basil AMPS 110

Get that bad momma thought out of ur mind!
    cat_pet_icon

5. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Re: 01/06 Basil PMPS 128

Not that kind of turquoise number we've come to expect! Basil! get with the program!

We plan to test tonight during the night and see what we can find about those nighttime numbers.

6. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Lydia, I sure hope that is a typo on your SS. You didn't really double the dose tonight from 1.25 to 2.50?!!!!

7. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

OH NO!!! I was talking while typing. That's hard for those of us with half a brain. :oops:

Thank you for pointing that out. AND I typed 02/06 for the date today. Sigh.

8. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

looking good!

I agree with getting a couple of spot checks at night. It might give us a clue to these blue numbers (not that blue is bad!)

9. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Hello Lydia,

I know that you said that you wanted to give Basil's ears a bit of a break, but bedtime spot checks are very very valuable. Without tests in the evening, you are missing part of the picture which illustrates how Basil reacts to insulin. Neosporin or polysporin is something you might consider getting if you feel Basil's ears are a little poked.

I don't know how late you stay up (PMPS +what), but that's one spot check that's worth very good value for your buck!

I hope your civvie's stomach settles soon.

10. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Hi Helene,

We skip bedtime checks because we are in bed at +2.5 to +3 and so it isn't really that informative. If you look at Basil's ss, he is VERY steady in the +1 +2 +3 periods, so we don't think that is such a useful time for us. Tonight, we'll set alarms and get up during the night to get his numbers a few times, though. Perhaps +5 +7 +10?

I should add that I am open to being told we are wrong!

11. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

No, no you are not wrong... it's good that you look at the big picture. I used to think that Tizon's BG didn't 'action' until the shot kicked in either, however, as time went on, Tizon started to play what I refer to as 'hide the food'. He would eat and his BG didn't go up.... hmmmmm Basil kinda did that on New Years day and.... previously, he jumped when he ate (like around xmas time). Some cats are Mr. and Mrs. Consistent and it doesn't matter when you test them, they are relatively flat.... however, I'm not sure that Basil is one of them.....

As far as sleeping went, I tried going to bed at PM +2.5 too (you can tell when people try to go sleepus from the SS too) and those tests were very very telling. Feel free to have a look. I am not saying that Basil and Tizon are brothers, but those cats... they play cat tricks!
    That's all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.