01/06 Furball +10.25=116 AMPS=142 +10.5=112 PMPS=242

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carfurby (GA), Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

2. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 01/06 Furball +10.25=116 AMPS=142

Morning Carla,
    Very nice number to start the day for Miss Furball!! Of course, the dosecrease kicks in when you have to go back to tbp~

Surf safely for you momma today, Furball :D

3. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Carla :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

WOOT! love that blue this morning. How nice is it to see that? Well done Furball, now surf well for your bean.

Have a great day Carla, I hope all goes well with TBP. It's always tough to go back after a short vacation.

4. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Nice start for Furball. LOve the blues. Have a great day Carla!

5. Tara & Buster

Tara & Buster Well-Known Member

Bootiful blues today - yay! I know what you mean about going back to work. I'd rather be going back to bed. Hope Furball stays blue for you today!

6. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh what a pretty blue morning for Miss Furball . I hope she surfs the day away for you. :D
    Hi Carla :D

7. carfurby (GA)

I called to refill Furball's vial of Lantus and found out the price has increased from $160 to $209. How ridiculous. Is it much different to draw insulin from the pens? Maybe next time I need to see about getting a prescription for pens. There is no coupon for the vials.

8. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 01/06 Furball +10.25=116 AMPS=142 Lantus ?

No difference, Carla, except you put the needle into the rubber stop at the end of the pen. And you don't inject air into the pen. It was an easy adjustment for me :D And I was able to get the pen for $25 at Target, using the coupon, one at a time :D

9. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I'm so happy to see Furball back in blue!!!!!

I actually prefer drawing from the pens over the vials. I think they are just easier to handle overall. Jane already gave you the biggest tips. I will just add that there is no need to mess with the end of the pen that has the dosing numbers and click/push button. That is only for dosing in humans.

10. Rachel & Chyna (GA)

Rachel & Chyna (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice AMPS, Furball! Nice blue :D Ick on the price increase :? I hear you on the going back to work (and I was off 12 days), it's hard to go! :roll: Hope your day goes well. :D :D

11. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

I think the pen is easier too, once you adjust to not injecting any air. Our last pen lasted 2 months. Nice blue for Furball this morning. :D
    Liz

12. carfurby (GA)

It looks like a small bounce tonight. Furball was happy & purry & we got in some play time with a shoe string. It looks like things are getting ready to get busy at tbp, so I won't be able to post much during the day. I figured we'd get busy after the holidays.

13. TheBowHuntress

TheBowHuntress Well-Known Member

Merry belated Christmas and New Year.

Just a teeny, tiny, itty, bitty, little 'ole yellow bounce :mrgreen:

14. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Not a bad bounce at all! I know...the price really jumped. I'm also using the pens with the coupon at Target...what a lifesaver! Have a great evening, Carla!

15. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

when you make the switch to a pen, you might want to watch the video again on how to draw insulin. it goes over both the pen and the vial. Some pharmacies will sell pens individually - they run about $45ish, depending on pharmacy. Someone mentioned that pharmacies that sell to nursing homes or hospitals will often break up the box of 5 pens and sell the pens individually. that's great for helping the budget!

i also had the $25 coupon that worked for one pen - so my first one cost $18. not too shabby. you can google and look for coupons - i found mine on Lantus.com.

the video is halfway down the page.

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=151

16. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

HI Carla and Furball! Glad to hear that all is happy, furry, and purry. Hope you all are staying warm tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.