01/06 Gizmo PMPS 217, +1=260, +2=180, +3=148, +4=130, +5.5=174

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Posting from my phone b4 i get in the shower. What do i do??

@carfurby @Bobbie And Bubba

I can delay a bit bc i can make it up over the weekend but wont be able to test past +1 this morning if i do.

Will post AMPS in about 45 min
    01/05 thread

Edit - 01/05 +11 136 AMPS 155 shot 0.75u (reduction) (4:41a posting)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  2. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Looks like his numbers are on the way up from last night with that 136, he may be significantly higher by the time you get the amps, and more importantly by the time the insulin onsets. I take it you are taking a reduction to 0.75 u after the drop below 90 last night? As per SLGS

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    LizzieInTexas likes this.
  3. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Good catch, Gill. Congrats on the reducie, Lizzie!

Lizzie, let's see what the actual AMPS is. If it's higher than the +11 , I think it's safe to shoot the new, reduced dose. Especially with the feeder to give him snacks while you're gone.

LizzieInTexas and Gill & George like this.
  4. LizzieInTexas

Ok AMPS is 155

I had have 1U (no reduction drawn). Should I shoot 0.75u? Need answer in 5 min.

5. Gill & George

Well I did see that in yesterdays thread there was talk of the depot from the 1.25 influencing las nights cycle as it was only 4 cycles since the reduction, but as it's a close call, and as you are on SLGS you could try the reduction, mostly because you are going to be away during the day with no tests. If you were able to test past +1 I wouldn't take the reduction, an wait till she gaeyou another below 90 number.

6. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Yes, I would shoot the .75. If you are nervous, put a little higher carb food in the feeder for his first two snacks.

7. LizzieInTexas

So what do I do this morning?

8. Gill & George

He's definitely on his way up so it's OK to shoot he will likely be a fai bit higher by the time lantus onsets, personally I would shoot the 0.75, and as Tricia said leave some higher carbs in his snacks for safety if you are feeling nerous.

9. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

That's the reason I encourage the reduction - no one's there to test. She can always take him back up if he starts running high. I like to err on the side of safety.

10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Gill and Tricia were around to help. I think taking the reduction was a good idea. Remember a lot of the time when you shoot lower numbers, the cat will just surf.

11. LizzieInTexas

Computer crashed right after I hit post and I had to restart.

Ok, I have done the house cleaning. Updated SS, Updated title and initial post. I shot 0.75U.

Boy, talk about a rude awakening - lol. Get that ol' adrenaline pumping first thing in the morning,

Exactly correct on my asking about the depot (reduction) last night. @Doodles & Karen and I had talked about waiting until he was below 70 to take it because his first reduction (from 1.25U to 1.0U) had failed, but, obviously, that didn't work.

I will base what I do tonight based on his PMPS #'s and may go right back to the 1.0U since we are coming into the weekend.

Thanks a bunch @Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey @Gill & George (Hi! haven't see you around)

I will test at +1 and +1.5 (or I may just be little late to work and wait to test @ +2).

:bighug::bighug::kiss::kiss:

Bucky boy sure is feeling good!

12. Gill & George

I can also see the sense in that.

Depending on what he does today you could call this morning a BCS and take him back up for the weekend when you are home to monitor. I like that as an option.

13. LizzieInTexas

I do too. And to be honest, I truly think he would have been fine today, but there is always that but...

It seems he takes after his daddy, he likes to buck the rules :banghead: - lol. He has only "officially" earned 1 actual reduction. All others have been similar situation like this morning.

14. Gill & George

Well on SLGS in theory he has earned a reduction, with a drop below 90;), though I know you probably err more to the TR if it weren't for being out all day in the week.

15. LizzieInTexas

You are absolutely correct. I want him solid on a reduction.

Good to have ya back! :bighug: Hope you had nice holidays and time away.

16. Gill & George

Thanks, yes had a good trip and busy holidays, have dipped in and out of the board, but barely had time to get on line, had loads of visitors, so lots of entertaining. Now back to normal, think we need a break after the holidays LOL

Hope you've had a good Christmas too and wishing you all the best for the new year.:bighug:

17. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Just getting on this AM and so glad the West Coast and Spain were awake. (Although Tricia should be sleeping...)

Good luck with the recduie!

Gill & George likes this.
  18. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Wow, what a morning! Nice job working the juice Gizmo. Surf safely today! :cat:

19. LizzieInTexas

+1.5 157 :nailbiting:

Contently watching his cat TV. Off to work. I may just have to sneak out this morning and come home to check on him.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  20. LizzieInTexas

+11 198

Should I go back to the 1U or should I stay @ 0.75U?

21. Gill & George

As it's the weekend and it's your opportunity to monitor him more closely, and seeing as he failed reductions before, and it may have been the depot of the 1.25u talking last night, there is an argument to holding on to that 1u for a little longer, seeing as you had been considering lowering the reduction point for gizmo to try and get him to hold his reductions.

22. LizzieInTexas

@Gill & George
    Sounds good to me. I agree, just wanted to see if anyone had any differing opinion. Back to 1U until he earns his reduction the honest way! :):bighug:

23. Gill & George

You know Lizzie, I think of you as doing TR but taking a more cautious approach weekdays.:)

24. LizzieInTexas

Yep. It is just confusing for others that don't follow daily.

25. LizzieInTexas

PMPS 217

History:
    AMPS=155, +1.5=157, +11=198

26. Gill & George

Nice run of blues last night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.