01/06 J.D. AMPS 279, +5 128, +7 69, +11 208, PMPS 355

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dyana, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Last Night:
    429 PMPS

I didn't test anymore last night. I got a good night's sleep, for once.
    Right before bed, J.D. got some plain old FF Chicken Feast for dinner last night. I actually, finally relented because Ginger kept telling me she was starving, and kept bugging me to feed her. She didn't like the new food either. I had two CPCs after that regular meal.

This morning, I fed 1/4 can servings of FF Chopped Grill, and both kitties ate their food. [​IMG]
    Maybe, I'll try one new can of this lower phosphorus food a day, and see if any of them are appealing to them. I hope so.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 01/06 J.D. AMPS 279

I'm glad both kitties ate this morning. Sometimes we all need a good night's sleep.

3. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad you were able to get a good night's sleep, Dyana :D What a good feeling it is to see our kitties eat and enjoy their food! Hoping you find something they all like that is low phos.......................and when you do, let me know :lol: :lol:

Have a great Monday!

4. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Yay for a good night's sleep, and a CPC! Fuds experiments are just no fun. I hope you find a Lo Phos LC fuds that they like.

I agree about all this water freezing tomorrow...right now, it's a daunting thought. Stay safe!

5. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Glad the appys are happy today for both kitties! Cold must make them hungry because my two have been eating big. Have a great great day Dyana!

6. Rachel & Chyna (GA)

Rachel & Chyna (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 01/06 J.D. AMPS 279, +5 128, +7 69

Woo hoo, a good nights sleep! Good luck with the low phos fuds, these kitties can be so stubborn :? J.D. is looking awesome today, nice green! :mrgreen:

7. TheBowHuntress

TheBowHuntress Well-Known Member

Hey there! And belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :D

Great to read that the CPC fairy visited today! I don't know if FF chunky turkey and chunky chicken is Low Phos, but God devours it--he does not like the FF pate chicken.

8. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Thanks. I fed him regular FF all day. I am just always trying to put weight on him, and him not eating the new lower phosphorus food was frustrating and I didn't want him to not eat enough two days in a row.

He did have a small meal at +8 and a couple bites at +10. He was hungry and I had to take the food away, which I hate to do.
    Right before +8, he was throwing up bile more than usual. And we went for a very short walk right before that.
    At +11 he was getting real restless, and acting like he wanted to get on the back of the couch, but never did, but kept looking up there. He can jump up there on his own, or climb up the pillows at each end of the couch, or climb up me, or climb up his cat tree to get to the back of the couch.

He ate half of his 1st Dinner, used the litter box, and just went up his cat tree, climbed over the back of the couch, jumped down onto the seat, and then off the couch. I don't know where he's off to now..

He was wondering around the living room, and just jumped back onto the couch. Climbed up the end pillow and stared out over the edge of the couch and back down, a couple of times. Stood on the pillow. Back on the ground. Back on the couch. Back up the pillow. Those are the adventures of J.D. ;-) Maybe he needs a we bit more of a walk.

ETA: Ah, now he's walking the back of the couch. Silly kitty.

9. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Hello [​IMG]
    The Chunky Turkey is 624 and the Chunky Chicken is 637. All of the Fancy Feasts are high.
    God, huh ? Eating well on venison, I assume :)

10. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

11. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

from Shadow's shortcut list

I can very much relate to the not wanting those lower phosphorus foods...
    I have so much difficulty getting Shadow to eat them too. And I don't have to yet, but I sure wish she would.
    It must be the same for them as a heart smart diet for people. Yuk....

Hope Mr. Ancy has found a nest and settled in.... maybe he just needs a heated kitty pad to hone in on....

12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Nice cycle today! JD looks like he owns the couch top.

Love the raw for my fur kids, most proteins are under 150. Maybe JD would like some venison too. :lol:

13. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I tried those frozen raw foods and J.D. would only eat a couple bites.

I did find a winner, though (although fish, of course). Weruva La Isla Bonita (Mackerel & Shrimp) phos 166 carbs 3%
    He was laying all comfy and falling asleep on the back of the couch, and his head and front legs were draped over the edge and I thought he may fall and land on his head in a bit. I opened the can under his nose and he came alive. CPC and Thumbs Up on that one, he says. Too bad it's fish. You know how J.D. loves his shrimp.

I was itching to try the Weruva Steak Frites (Beef & Pumpkin) phos 118 carbs 5%, but we'll save that one for tomorrow.

14. GraceAndAngie

GraceAndAngie Member

Hi Dyana and JD,

Thanks for the visit. :D I remember how much I valued those nights of good sleep!

Is the low phos for CKD? I'm sure that you'd know better than I would but from my small amount of experience I can recommend Dr Lisa Pierson's custom CKD/diabetes food recipe as being very palatable. Both my cats love it - I haven't tried it! :lol: Dr Pierson worked it out based on Angie's blood tests.

JD - what's with your pmps numbers?

Grace

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.