01/07: Esse 9.5=105 +11.5=175 PMPS=198 +1=234 +3.5=218

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele and Esse, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

**********NEW PART OF POST HERE: NUMBERS CONSOLIDATION****************
    Amps: 432 Wellness Beef and Chicken, 2.75U
    +6.25=48 Friskies Poultry Platter (as much as she wanted)
    +6.5=56
    +7=65
    +7.75=91
    +8.25=74 Fed teaspoon of FF Chix.
    +8.75=52 Fed another teaspoon FF Chix
    +9=62
    +9.5=80
    +10=105
    +11.5=175
    PMPS=198 Wellness Beef and Chicken, 2.5 units.
    +1=234
    +3.5=218

Hope this helps to see all the numbers at a glance. Will update throughout the evening.
    ***********************************************************************************************

Morning, all.

Yesterday's condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1476

WCR: Fine. Hanging out in the kitty bowl, wanting breakfast. No issues overnight, except she was a bit more cuddly than normal...

WBR: Frustrated, hoping the dose change does some good. I know I need to give the new dose some time, but still...I had hoped for something a little less...red...this morning. I will be at school from 7am-2, and then home. Still frustrated, but today is a whole day for changes to happen.

Best-
    Michele

2. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Re: 01/07: Esse PMPS +10.5=435

Hang in there Michele. NDW could be another day or two. Some are more difficult than others. She will get it eventually. Have a good day at school.

3. Michele and Esse

Re: 01/07: Esse AMPS=432

I'm hanging, Barbara...I really am. And I hope to have a good day at school - we'll see. Lots of administrative stuff to tend to, and some work in the skills lab, and then lunch with my best friend...so at least lunch will be good. LOL.

Esse's AMPS: 432. She dropped, but then ate something left over from the night feeding, and now just ate a big ol' breffis. Just used the box, but didn't catch ketones. She's now wandering around, wondering which bowl has tastier food in it (it's all the same, but they play musical food bowls on a regular basis...).

Shot 2.75. Hopefully, when I come home, she'll have a better set of numbers.

See you all later...

Best-
    Michele

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Here's hoping the new dose will be to Miss Esse's liking! Does she like the color red? It makes me nervous..red, that is. The color itself...
    Of course, I hate to see it on SSs.... because of what it stands for....I personally think that Esse would look much nicer in green...or maybe blue...either would look great with her coloring... ;-) but that's my humble opinion....
    Hope you have a good day toady!

5. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

I can't believe I am saying this but just hang in there, for real. It's coming, but when Esse is good and ready! :lol:

Seriously, I have found that I am more comfy with the slow and steady. Watch for those signs about Esse being more relaxed and casual, more like the old Esse, because those are the important first signs. Cuddly? Awesome! Purring? Excellent! Eating? Great that's better than NOT eating.

I can't believe how many times I feel Ugh, come on, Shadoe! Let's get cracking here! All I get is back talk and demands for better food, brushing and belly scratches.

Like a good bean, I do as demanded, and practise being more patient.

Let the dose settle down some and maybe Esse will be so kind as to give you some better numbers. Esse, are you listening? Pink is nice, but yellow is nicer and blue is even nicer. Don't be getting fancy now, just start on down into those nicer colors please.

Michele, I hope we get to see a bit more results soon, even if it's horribly slow and zigzagging, or just flat. Day by day, it will get better and you will see it.

Have a great day at school and maybe Esse will greet you home with some yellows.

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Gayle's right - this often a slow dance and Esse is in the lead. And sometimes it's a dance that's 3 steps forward and 2 steps back. She'll get there. And when she does, it will probably be at a point that is totally inconvenient for you. (Just like a cat!)

7. Michele and Esse

Re: 01/07: Esse AMPS=432 +6.25=48 EYES please...

Shoot time is 6:30 am (give or take 5 minutes)
    12:45pm = 48.
    Put down some Friskies Poultry Platter. She's ravenous.
    1:05pm= 56
    Still thinking about more food.

WCR: Currently grooming and bright eyed, sitting on the camera case. Malachi came by, thought about pouncing, and she cheerfully walloped him before he got airborne. He just looked confused...she's not scared of anything...I'm the weenie.

I chose the "lc" Friskies instead of the Whiskas pouch, because I'm hoping to not have sky high numbers in rebound city to contend with. But I have plenty of HC, so...say the word, and it gets tossed down. I will test in 15 minutes.

This is freaking me right out. When I left for school, she was 432. Home at 12:45 and she's dropped close to 400 points. It's a good thing lunch got cancelled...the what-if's are upsetting me.

What to do about tonight? Let's start talking now, because I'm scared to shoot the whole 2.75 if she's low(ish). I was concerned about this dose in the first place, but I didn't think it would do this much this fast...I guess Wellness and the new dose has worked wonders...

Best-
    Michele

8. Barbara and tuffy

Re: 01/07: Esse AMPS=432 +5.75=48 EYES please...

You are getting action! Retest in 20 minutes. You have HC. If necessary just use the gravy, If she is responding to the LC stay with that. Lots here to help you. BREATHE

9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Re-test in 15 min. so you have some idea where this is going.

At a 48, I would have used LC, too.

As far as rebound, it's gonna happen no matter what you feed. You have a drop of almost 400 points in about 6 hours. The LC won't add to the excitement, though. (Nice number!)

10. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

retest in 30 minutes, please...

11. Michele and Esse

Was planning at retesting at 1:30. Good enough? 10 minutes from now.

Best-
    Michele

12. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

That is quite a drop. Does Esse have access to food while you are out? Just wondering if she would eat on her own if her numbers were dropping.

13. Jill & Alex (GA)

sounds good!

14. Michele and Esse

Correcting info: +6.15=48, 6.5=56

Sorry. I apparently forgot how to count there for a moment. Will correct title.

Sienne, not nice number if Bean looses mind...

What happened to the "slow dance?" "the zig, zag"? The 'Lantus has a flat curve...' AURRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH. This was so surprising, I stared at the 48 waiting for that last number to appear. Like, 481 or something. :?: It never appeared. Goodness gracious, this cat is giving me conniptions. And she just walks around, tail in the air, bright eyed and walloping the kitten.

Esse didn't get the memo, people. We just have to work on our communications, mkay? ohmygod_smile :smile:

Good grief. I was going to the barn, but not anymore...

I'm correcting first posting now...

Best-
    Michele

15. Jill & Alex (GA)

good catch! they certainly keep us on our toes...

16. Michele and Esse

I think, but I could be wrong, that this is the fastest drop she's had (that I know of, anyway). When I left, there was still breakfast in the dishes; enough so that I didn't think I should supplement (there is usually food left at snacktime from breakfast). But the dishes were wiped clean when I walked in the door, so she'd apparently been eating (or one of the others had...or all of them...).

Back with new numbers.

Best-
    Michele

17. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Holy moly Esse, I said nice and slow, not a mad print / dash down to the greens! And no freaking mammoth roller coasters either, Esse!

I tell you, when kitties decide to do something, you almost need to hang onto your hat for the ride, because with or without you, off they go.

Shadoe never did much in crazy drops but the first made me run to get another strip because SURELY the reading was WRONG! Right? Nope.

Best wishes on what follows here; they can be so naughty with what they do, oblivious to our freaking.

On the next memo, make sure she acknowledges receipt!

18. Michele and Esse

Amps+7=65.

Better. Better by a wee bit, but better. And she's in the kitty bowl next to me, just happy as a clam; full belly, lots of lovies from me...yeah, she's happy. I'm a lunatic, but she's fine. These are such scary numbers to me...I know they shouldn't be, but they are.

Best-
    Michele

19. Jill & Alex (GA)

she's doing fine and so are you.
    i'd retest in an hour...

20. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Hee, hee.... you don't think this is fun? When you have a few minutes, look at Gabby's SS. She loves the drama.

Just think how well prepared you will be for all of the excitement when a patient codes! That will probably seem way easier than Esse with dropping numbers!!

21. Michele and Esse

A whole hour? Should I put on some old Beach Boys music for her, and take a chill pill for me? Should we hope for a surf, or should I expect 480 tonight? Gah...I just don't know what to think.

Thanks, Jill, for thinking I'm handling this fine. I can't believe how much of a weenie I am when it comes to her numbers. People dying on me at the hospital? Been there, handled that without even a thought. Blood up to my elbows at an accident scene? Chest compressions while giving directions on the phone to 911 at the same scene? No prob. easy-peasy.

Esse at 48? the SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!! ohmigoodness whaddoido findlc-wait-shouldbehc-no-lcbetterbecauseofrebound-whocaresjustfeedthecatNOWand duck from the skypieces falling on my head!

I crack myself up. I'm a such a weenie.

Best-
    Michele

22. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

The Calm Police is here...lol

stay calm, breath...focus...ur doing great Michele!! Keep updating ok?

23. Michele and Esse

I've already called a blue, and participated in two others. That's actually no big deal. None survived (not because of me...), but I'm really good at chest compressions now.

I think it's because Esse is mine, and I can't push a button and call other people to help me.

Wait.

Huh.

Isn't that what I'm doing now?

ohmygod_smile I'm just a weenie...

Best-
    Michele

24. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hee, hee!!

25. Michele and Esse

Now see, CD, that cracked me up.

Yes, folks, I am a weenie. And if anyone can make that my avatar, I'll put it up as a public proclamation of my weenie-ness.

I want to test her right now...no reason, just me not being patient.

And does anyone want to start talking to me about tonight's dose??

Best-
    Michele

26. Michele and Esse

She's at 91 at AMPS+7.75. I am much more relaxed at this number.

(Sorry, Jill, I just couldn't wait...)

Now, Esse dear...if it's not too much to ask, gimme some low 100s please...but don't go skyrocketing into the blackness of space. I'll keep giving you Wellness, and you keep giving me decent (not scary!!!) numbers, and life will be just grand. Deal??

Oy gevalt. I'm breathing again, and I know that the Calm Police are on patrol (Ronni, that was perfect!). I think I'll get myself a bite to eat now...

Best-
    Michele

27. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

ESSE!!!!!!!!! Listen up, ya hear?

Cut this crap out! Good golly Miss Molly...that was a drop. This ain't no amusement park!

Michele, hopefully you were drinking some vino while Esse was eating some LC.

P.S. Didn't drop off the planet...stoopid work network won't allow me reliable access to FDMB coupled with being exhausted at having to work again :YMSIGH: and bad weather (early dismissal today - paws crossed for a snow day tomorrow)

Can't wait to see the PMPS.

28. Michele and Esse

No vino...not even a happy orange. Just coffee...for now.

As to where she will be at PMPS, it's anyone's guess...she could be right back up in the 400s...and the network at school won't let me on the site, either...and yes, I hope you get a snow day tomorrow; I am going to be at the barn holding horses (I think I'm set for 8?) for a vaccination clinic...and then I've got 2 horses to ride, and 4 more to take care of (owners on vacation or it's a "trade day" from when I was on vacation). So I hope we don't have a snow day...but I think you could use one.

Best-
    Michele

29. Michele and Esse

Re: 01/07: Esse AMPS=432 +6.25=48 EYES please dropped to 74

O.K., at 8.25, she's dropped back down to 74.

Still on the dratted rollercoaster...anything I should do? Or just ride this one through?

Best-
    Michele

30. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Re: 01/07: Esse +6.25 48, +7 65, +7.75 91, +8.25 74 (dropping)

I'd give a taste (a teaspoon or so) of LC to keep her surfing.

31. Michele and Esse

Sienne, done. Thanks. I didn't want to just ride it down, but I didn't want to do anything without others' input.

I'll check again at the halfhour, and we'll go from there. She's eating now...but wasn't terribly interested...she wanted to sleep, so I brought it to her in bed (yes, she's spoiled). I gave her 1 teaspoon of Fancy Feast Chicken (the low carb one) and she's eatihng just fine.

Best-
    Michele

32. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Good catch Michele! Keep posting no matter how nutty it gets here, lots of eyes here tonight!

33. CD and BigMac

I agree with Sienne. 74 is very nice and surfing is what you want. It is hard to say what will happen at PMPS... but we'll see. Esse may start to go up and up as a bounce reaction from her low today. Or the bounce may be delayed. Many cats have an immediate bounce, but some do not and just when you get used to those blue/greens- boom... a bounce back to red. Since my crystal ball is on loan to the weather men, lets keep Esse surfing and see where she goes from here.

This dose is new to her and it was expected she'd drop... just not this much! Goodness. But hanging out in the reds/pinks was not helping her so you had to do something. Now you may think right now that you want to return to the old dose, but keep an open mind. A lot can change in a few hours. (As you saw today. :D )

34. Michele and Esse

She went from eating (and finishing) "in bed", and started lurking the kitchen. So I tested...52. I gave her another teaspoon of FF Chix., so maybe she'll hold here for a little while.

I will keep posting...the panic has left (have you ever noticed that you can't continue panicking for a long time? It's weird).

CD, I know things can happen, but boy howdy...that was/is a wild ride...

Best-
    Michele

35. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Classic answer.... lots can happen in a few hours!

You're going great Michelle. It will flatten out.... so they say. Mr. L is a little pissy that's all.
    Hang in there.

36. Michele and Esse

Re: 01/07: Esse +6.25 48, +7 65, +7.75 91, +8.25 74 8.75 52

AMPS+9=62

Best-
    Michele

37. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Michele - You're doing great! Can't believe this wild ride tonight...Are you sure you're not drinking? :lol:

38. CD and BigMac

You know - I recall Michele mentioning something about injecting oranges with vodka and placing in freezer for a lovely snack. Hmmmm????

39. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

you're doing great, Michele, and it's great that Esse is learning to surf! I know you're ready for her bounce to start now, so you can get a break, but she's doing well and so are you!

40. Michele and Esse

+9.5=80

Sigh.

Best-
    Michele

41. Michele and Esse

No Amy, just coffee. And yes, CD, there are such things as happy oranges (and you can use Tequila, too, I've found...), but I haven't eaten any today at least.

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...and it's continuing.

I know right now I am not going to be comfortable shooting 2.75 if she's under 150...I really think that changing her diet back to Wellness was an important step, and increasing her dose at the same time was hard for me to do. I really, really don't know what I should do; part of me agrees with shoot low, stay low; and the other part of me says 'you need to get sleep tonight,' and still a third part says 'shoot low dose and get highish numbers tomorrow, but that's safer than what's happening now..."

So I'm in a quandry. I really expected her to be bouncing a bit by now, but she's not...I just don't know what to think.

Best-
    Michele

42. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Re: 01/07: Esse +8.25 74 8.75 52 +9 62 +9.5 80

You do realize that Esse earned a reduction with that 48, right?

I'd get some input with Libby re. what to shoot.

43. CD and BigMac

Libby's looking right now. But Esse has been diabetic since Aug 2008, correct?
    Sooooo, not sure if it qualifies as low enough for a longer term FD kitty. Maybe.

44. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

WOW! Where did this come from Esse?!?!?! :thumbup

I'd get those oranges ready for yourself later tonight!

45. Libby and Lucy

looks like she is on the rise now, you can wait an hour (or even til +11) to test if you want. Looking at ss.....

46. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Michele - could you clarify the date of Esse's diagnosis? I thought it was August 2009.

47. Libby and Lucy

because Esse went to 48 and it took a good bit of food to keep her surfing, it looks like you should be ok to try a reduction. Hopefully this was the jump start Esse needed to get her into green more often.

If it were my cat, I would probably go with the fat 2.5, since the regular 2.5 did nothing for her. However, the protocol does reductions by 0.25 at a time, so that is ok too. If any reduction doesn't work, we always have the option of going back up again. Thoughts?

48. CD and BigMac

Oops, could be I have a typo in my notes. Sorry. That makes a big difference.

49. Michele and Esse

Didn't mean to leave you all hanging...had to bring Dad's dinner over, and he needed some things fixed; so got waylaid for a bit.

Clarification: Esse was diagnosed late late August 09...started insulin in early September.

Current numbers:
    +10=105
    +11.5=175

I'd like to do a dose reduction to, oh, say, I dunno...2U. Of course, I don't think I can get away with that. So I'll shoot 2.5 and see what happens...

And yes, I'm trying to find where I stuck that orange I did the other day...that would give me vitamin C as well as a shot of...ahem, an adult bev. But I think I'll stick with some adulterated Egg Nog...and then switch to regular low fat milk.

WCR: sitting in the bowl next me me, staring at me, trying to convince me that foooooooooooodddddd nnnnnnnoooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww. LOL. Bright eyed, although she's trying to mind-meld me and hypnotize me with those golden sweet eyes. I'm feeding in 15 minutes...

So. Do I go to 2.5 or can I shoot 2, or ??? To be honest, I'm thinking she was lower than when I caught her at 12:45. Don't ask me why, other than I don't think that my timing is good enough to have caught the lowest number...but I think she was lower.

I'm scared to shoot 2.5...

Best-
    Michele

50. Michele and Esse

Someone gave her a day pass to Greenland. I tried to tell her it was too cold this time of year, but she didn't care...just packed her bags and bailed.

Carolyn, this has spooked me. I know she can drop, but man, this defied all logic. Of course, she'd say it was totally logical and reasonable to respond, 'cause she's a cat and doesn't get wiggy with the fluctuations...just the paranoid panicky bean (no wonder her liver panicks...it's just following my lead!)

This just spooked me. What if I hadn't had lunch plans canceled? Or had decided to run to the barn, because she was so high this morning, what could happen?? What if?? Oh I hate whatifs...

Best-
    Michele

51. Michele and Esse

Re: 01/07: Esse 9.5=105 +11.5=175 PMPS=198

PMPS=198, shot 2.5 units. Wellness Beef and Chicken given.

WCR: doing just fine.

WBR: frantically trying to talk myself out of a "happy orange"...

Best-
    Michele

52. Libby and Lucy

Re: 01/07: Esse 9.5=105 +11.5=175

wellllllll...... the nice thing about our protocol is that you have worked up to this dose slowly and safely, so you know it can't be too far off of the right dose. 48 is a fine number, 50's are easier but 40's aren't unhealthy for most cats. Some non diabetic cats live in the 40's all the time.

You can shoot whatever you want, Esse is your cat. :smile: I'm concerned, though, that if you decrease too far you'll just end up with the red/black spreadsheet again, instead of taking advantage of the breakthrough she is trying to earn.

I think someone has probably already pointed this out to you, but actually it is normal for our Lantus kitties to have an all of a sudden breakthrough like this. They give you a whole bunch of nothing for months, then all of a sudden a whole bunch of EVERYTHING. They don't give the bean enough time to get used to things. ;-)

53. Bo & Jake

Bo & Jake Well-Known Member

you can relax now,Michele!
    No more poking those poor ears of Esse!
    Have a Good night!
    Bo

54. Michele and Esse

I sucked it up and did a 2.5...I just hope I can get some sleep tonight...LOL, probably not. I mean, look at today. She was at 432; it doesn't get "safer" than that to leave or go to sleep. And yet...in short order, she was bottom feeding without warning. LOL.

I know it's normal for other cats to run around at 40 without any issues...I'm just not used to it w/ Essemama. Maybe what I need to do is poke everyone else; then again, if I find out one of the others is diabetic, I'd lose what's left of my poor brain...

Would someone please tell Esse that surfing at 100 or w/in 10 points is a good thing? Pleeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeee? She apparently reads these boards on occasion, gets the bright idea to actually let the insulin work, and freaks me out.

Best-
    Michele

55. CD and BigMac

Great job! I'm so proud of you and Esse. Maybe now this dose will work, unlike ... when was it ?? .... Oh yeah, YESTERDAY. Hee, hee. Just yesterday this 2.5 basically was doing nothing much. So let's hope the little kick in the pants.. er.. pancreas will make a nicer set of BG numbers. Looking forward to new better colors on your SS.

Now are you going to share that happy orange?

56. Michele and Esse

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo....the orange is all mine. Mine, I say.

(hands CD a slice of it. And yes, you TOO can make these happy oranges at home. A sweet, adult treat! And NO-ONE will know!! [until you fall over on your face. Then people will know.]).

Was it really only yesterday? No...

Really?

Man, I can feel the grey sprouting all over my head now...

I wonder if this dose will work now...maybe, with the food change, it will do the trick. If so, let me caution the entire reading world - change one - ONE - factor at a time...that way, you won't end up trying to decide between HC and LC, surprised and waiting for that last digit to appear on the meter, wondering if 48 could possible, remotely, be right.

Sigh.

Best-
    Michele

57. Michele and Esse

PMPS+1.5=234

She's climbing...and this is all right with me.

Best-
    Michele

58. CD and BigMac

You are so easy to please. Hahaha!

59. Michele and Esse

Yeah, easy to please is right.

Look, kids, I'm outta here for a while; Dad just called...his legs have swollen very quickly, and he's having a little trouble breathing, so I'm running over there to check him out.

I'll test and post later when I come home...but at least Esse has cooperated and gone high so i don't have to worry about her for a little bit, right?

Best-
    Michele

60. Barbara and tuffy

You are right, Don't worry about Esse for a while. Hope your Dad is okay. And, listen to Libby. Tuffy is an excellent example of a kitty that has finally gotten with the program. I think she was on 3.5 for what seemed like forever. Hang in there. Keep up the good work.

61. joyce-tuscany(GA)

joyce-tuscany(GA) Well-Known Member

Wow, this is where the action is! Cats dropping 400 points, Beans shooting up oranges and "adulterating" egg nog (loved that word aldulterating). Can I stay and play here?

I know it was a scarey day for you - and I know the what if's are horrible (someday you should hear my story of when I dragged my first cat from my car when the leash got stuck in the door - can you say Family Vacation - what if's for years!!) but each of these types of days do make you more comfortable in dealing with the drops and the low surfs. It is funny, the more of these low surfs (awesome numbers by the way) you get - the more normal they will feel and you will have less panic and less compulsion to poke those ears every 1/2 - 3/4 hrs.

Congrats on the dosecrease and I hope the RBC doesn't last too long for you.

62. Libby and Lucy

I know you'll think I'm crazy for saying this, but with Lucy I was actually MORE comfortable shooting blue than I was shooting pink. I knew she could drop like a rock from pink and end up in low green in no time. When I shot blue, she usually surfed right along. You just have to get to know your cat and her response. And grab early spot checks when you can so you can learn which types of cycles you need to watch more closely.

Good job today, I know you were nervous but you learned some things and got some good data. :smile:

63. Michele and Esse

Barbara, it was good I went over to Dad's. He'd taken a med with dinner that he had already taken this morning, and it caused some problems. Lucky for him I know the drill (he's done this before...), and soon had the right countermed in him, and he was feeling better; not great, but good enough to put up a stink fuss about going to the hospital. We compromised on calling the Dr. together tomorrow on the phone...and he knows I reserve the right to fuss him into submission should the need arise (I can do it, too...and he knows it). But his BP stabilized, and his heart sounds were good, and his lung fields o.k., so...well...we'll see.

Esse, otoh, has decided to drop to 218. Not significant drop, but it means I will stay up for at least another hour and test again before crawling into bed. There's plenty of food out, I'm just wondering if she's going to plummet again...I know I should be incredibly happy to see low yellow and blue, and yes, green...but it's just scary when you start the day well into Redland and end up miles and miles away in Greenland. It's hard to be happy when you're scared. LOL.

Yes, Joyce, I have all the adult action on this thread - adulteraing Egg Nog, happy oranges, and all sorts of weird music and movie references. Not to mention the kitty cat who loves rollercoasters...and gets a secret giggle when she sees my mouth agawp at a number with only two digits. I swear, she's just a laugh-riot. Blasted kitty...who can melt me in about a New York second with her golden eyes...you are more than welcome to stay and indulge in some vitamin c boosting fruit...anytime.

And yes, Libby, I do think you're crazy. In a good, kind, wonderful way of course, but crazy nonetheless.

Esse was a bit crabby when I poked her a few minutes ago...who can blame her? I've half a mind to quit the poking for the evening, and just get something first thing in the morning...opinions, please? I'm tired, and want to sleep, but am worried she'll drop again.

Best-
    Michele

64. Michele and Esse

PMPS+4=213.

Thank you, everyone, for the encouragement, experience, help, and being Esse's Angels. She is currently squabbling with Oliver, who's been picking on literally everyone tonight...he is gonna get what he deserves from one of these older, regal ladies. But if I'm to make any sense whatsoever of anything at all, I need to get some rest.

I am a bit worried she'll drop low again tonight... with that, I'm going to put more food down (there will be plenty for her to eat...I'm leaving a lot more out than usual, because of earlier today), and we'll see how she is in the morning. I'm hoping she's going to sit and surf here a while...

Talk to you all in the morning...

Best-
    Michele

65. Jill & Alex (GA)

ni-ni michelle...
    sweet dreams!

66. Michele and Esse

Jill, I was terrified to open this and have you say "no, you need to stay up and test a lot more; every 15 minutes all night long, no matter what the numbers read." Not terrified that you'd say it...just terrified that if you said it, I'd actually do it.

Now, before you change your mind, I'm sooooooo outta here... :lol:

Best-
    Michele

67. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

(((Michele))) You did wonderfully today. I know that drop must have been scary for you.

Fwiw, I'm all with Libby about preferring to shoot low numbers. Even when we get up into higher blue PS, Sasha drops fast. If I shoot a low blue or (my favorite) a pretty green, she keep surfing right along. The whole *shoot low to stay low* that we say around here really does have reasoning behind it.

Hope you are getting a very nice well deserved rest tonight and good luck with the new dose. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.