01/07 Merry - So far we've had a fairly blue weekend

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuanneP, Jan 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuanneP

LuanneP Member

I was really hoping for some greens this weekend & possibly a dose reduction again especially since I've been home the past 3 days to monitor Merry closely but no such luck. We've had a blue (with a few yellows) weekend so far & I go back to work tomorrow morning.

One thing I did about two days ago was I went back to using his other vial of insulin instead of the newer vial only because the other vial wasn't bad & I only started a new one to see if it would make a difference. I didn't think the insulin was an issue so thought I might as well finish up the other vial since there was still about 1/4 left but now I'm wondering if he's been blue all weekend because of that. This morning I went back to the new vial of insulin so we'll see. I'll throw out the older one now, no sense screwing things up if it isn't as effective as the newer vial. Will be interesting to see if there's any positive changes today with the newer insulin again.

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Luanne! With the 67 AMPS number 2 days ago, Merry could still be bouncing. It might be hard to know if it's the newer vial or just bouncing. How old is the other vial?

LuanneP likes this.
  3. LuanneP

LuanneP Member

The older vial is about 5 months old so probably best to get rid of it anyway (I got it the beginning August after he came to live with me & had all his vetting). Maybe he's still bouncing but I'm going to stick with the newer vial of insulin from now on.

4. Juliet

Juliet Guest

How long is insulin vial supposed to last for just out of interest? Does it make a difference once it’s started? My vial says expiry 2019??

LuanneP likes this.
  5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

They should last about 6 months from the time you start to use it.

Juliet and LuanneP like this.
  6. LuanneP

LuanneP Member

Yellow at +6, boooo :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.