01/08 Basil's AMPS=106 +2=93 +5=82 PMPS=98

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Well, Basil enjoyed the buffet overnight. He had finished it by at least 2.5 hours before AMPS. He seems happy and purry. And po'd that he is getting Cowboy Cookout, which is not his favorite, but at least I know he is eating when he is hungry and not just because he is in chow-hound mode. He is getting plenty of food. I just know he'd like fish fish fish and he can't have that. On my agenda this weekend is studying my new table of acceptable foods, culled from Janet and Binky's list, and see if we can find something he;ll like. I am trying to stay at 5% carbs or lower--maybe 6--and that really limits it.

We moved his shot up by 10 minutes today. We'd like to get back an hour by bits and pieces.

Does anyone feel that moving back 15 mins at a time is bad during a dose change? We could wait a couple of days if we needed to.

Thank you to everyone for their help and support last night. It was extremely helpful!

Have a great and green day.

Yesterday's Condo

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 01/08 Basil's AMPS=106

Great AMPS for Basil this morning...you did such a great job last night Lydia!!! :thumbup
    Congratulations to you both on the doscrease!!! Looking GREAT!!!! :mrgreen:

3. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 01/08 Basil's AMPS=106

Hi Lydia
    Nice start to the day. Great job.
    Paws crossed for Basil doing nicely on the dosecrease.

4. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Re: 01/08 Basil's AMPS=106 +2=93

So, just like after the last dose change, I think we are going to be a little erratic. He still seems content with eating only half his breakfast. I wonder if the food fest of the previous couple of days is catching up with him!

5. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Re: 01/08 Basil's +5=82

Not bad. This was really +4.75, BTW. Afterward, I plopped him in front of his bowl. he has been sleeping soundly in one of his many royal beds all morning. But now he has eaten just about all of breakfast.

6. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Re: 01/08 Basil's AMPS=106 +2=93 +5=82

You are doing amazing!! As the cats get lower numbers they become less hungry, so Basil not eating as much is perfectly normal :smile:
    Heard that Walmart has a food called Sophicat that has many low carb flavors--Mine get sick of the same flavors too!!--Hey it's for their own good :lol: cat(2)_steam --Cats do not accept that. confused_cat
    I use fancy feast and it works really well-many of us here do--On the OLD canned food list under Janet & Binky's--Look at that list too..Peeps may avoid because it says old list--but it's good. But experiment, try new foods, go bankrupt trying to please them like we all do cat_pet_icon--You are really doing great!

7. Lynn and Angel

Lynn and Angel Member

REally good bg's this cycle... keep up the good work.

8. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Aboslutely beautiful!
    You're doing great Lydia!!!!

9. joyce-tuscany(GA)

joyce-tuscany(GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Lydia, regarding your questioin on shooting early with a dosecrease. Remember that essentially a late shot can be like shooting a reduced dose (cause your shed may get lower) and an early shot is like a dose increase. So if you are changing both time and dose - yes it could effect your BG's. Having said that - 15 minutes generally doesn't seem to cause too much variation in the numbers on my cat(I think most of us feel if we've shot within that 15 minute window - we call it 12 hrs). If you start pushing 1/2 hours, especially several days in a row - I'd make sure you were around to monitor.

BTW - great numbers today - I'm jealous!

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Terrific numbers today and good luck with the dosecrease.

11. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Looking good Basil kitty!
    cat_pet_icon

12. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Such a good, good boy!

Thanks to everyone who's cheering us on!

13. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

And a good boy indeed :mrgreen:

Those are some picture purrrfect numbers Basil!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.