01/09 J.D. AMPS 475

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dyana, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!!

J.D. is acting totally normal. I was so surprized at this number. I think it's the highest he's ever had.
    PMPS was 325 and he was 396 at +5.5 last night. Okay, so I gave him a few sips/licks of milk last night as a treat :roll:

BTB.

Yesterday's Thread

2. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Good morning Dyana. Wow....eyes almost popped outta my head when I saw JD's numbers today. I wonder if this could be NDW still.....Whatever it is...I hope that he doesn't stay in that nasty red zone much longer.

I'm wondering if maybe this insulin isn't working for JD? This is just something that I'm throwing out there....my first thought and truthfully, I just got up and brain isn't working at full speed.

I'm gonna go post Spot's numbers and go btb too...hope you enjoyed yours!

3. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Come on down from there J.D. :shock: !! That's not like you at all--Hope you see some yellow today!
    Did he get into something?? Hope he comes down this morning for you.

4. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 01/09 J.D. +2 406

He just ate his 2nd breffis, and is acting so normal, for him. Purring, happy, playful, and active (for him). Strange cat.
    He wants to go outside again, in the 18 degree weather or whatever it is out there, it's COLD!

Since he came down 70 points, I can't give him any R right now cause I don't know if he's going to drop hard or not on the Lantus alone.

5. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

I don't know that milk in a small quantity would do it...Esse gets bits of cheese and milk on occasion, as treats (she's not lactose intolerant), and I don't see a spike with her (of course, ECID).

What else did he eat yesterday? I've recently discovered how carbsensitive Esse really is; even the low carb stuff isn't really low to her. So maybe it's a dietary thing?

Best-
    Michele

6. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Nice to see that he's coming down for you Dyana, and happy that he's acting normal!

My civvie, Ralph has been running around here all week, crying to go outside. Occasionally he gets out the door and once his paws hit the snow, he stops and turns around to come in. I keep telling him it's to cold to go out there, but he doesn't listen to me!

7. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I don't really know how carb sensitive J.D. is. I know he doesn't normally food spike, in that I feed him after his shot and his BG is usually less than his PS at +1.
    He used to get a bowl full of milk every night before I joined this board, just in case he went low at night, he also used to have a bowl of kibble for the same reason.
    Last night I gave him maybe 2 tbs. of milk in a saucer and he only drank part of it and left the rest for his sister. Only fed Fancy Feast 5% or less yesterday, no Friskies at all yesterday.
    He wants to go out again for the 3rd time this morning. Time to put on my coat and scarf.

8. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 01/09 J.D. +3 401, +3.25 385

He must have found a female cat pee spot outside, because he stopped following me and I found him rubbing the sides of his face in some pine needles and making those funny grinning faces he does when female cat pee smells real good (to him). He was trotting all over the place and when we were almost home, I was standing in the open doorway and he was rolling around luxiously out on the frozen pathway, like it was sunny and springtime. Such a silly kitty.
    So, he is acting like he feels real good. But why the high flipping numbers?
    I had called LifeScan because my One Touch Ultra Smart meter was acting funny (after the number countdown 5,4,3,2,1 the screen goes blank sometimes (not all the time) and then a long second or two later the BG reading shows up) and they are in the process of sending me out a new one. So, that's why I tested again at +3.25 with my back up One Touch Mini.

Since he's so high, I'm going to concentrate on getting some errands run this afternoon.

9. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 01/09 J.D. +6.5 338

I just gave him 0.10 of R.
    Should I increase his dose again tonight?
    If I need to increase, I'd rather do it tonight, as I have 1 more day off (tomorrow) and then have to work for 7 days straight after that. The next days off I have are the 18th and 19th.

On 12/14 I decreased from 2.75 to 2.50 because of a 39 at +4.5

Right away on 12/15 I added a hair to the dose.

On 12/20 I increased from 2.50 to F2.50

On 12/28 I decreased from F2.50 to F2.25 because of a 33 and 31 at AMPS.

On 01/07 I increased from F2.25 to 2.50

I don't want him to go into the 30s while I'm at work, and I can't bring him to work normally, like I did when he had the 30s at AMPS time.

I guess I should just wait this out (be the tank), since I just increased his dose on Thursday night...it's just so frustrating to see such high numbers this morning.

10. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 01/09 J.D. +7.5 350, +8.5 272

80 points in 1 hour. Now, doesn't this just make him go into RBC because of the quick drop?

11. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

Happy Caturday, Dyana! Glad J.D. is feeling good. He is a silly kitteh to want to go out in the cold!

Sorry about the high numbah. I'm in the same boat as you today....wanting to increase Chloe's dose again even though it's only been 4 cycles! Once the catties seem to be on track, I really wish they wouldn't decide to visit the icky reds and stinkus pinkuses again!

Hope you're enjoying your days off!

12. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 01/09 J.D. PMPS 235

He was 272 at +10.5.

13. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

nice yellow, maybe J.D. is going to give this dose a good try. :smile: Let's see what he does tonight.

14. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Dyana: I wish I could offer some advice but I can't. I think Tuffy spent 7 months in red and pink with an occasional black. I sure hope J.D. decides to get with the program. I think we spent more time going up than coming down. Good luck. Surfing vibes for blue and green without dramatics to you for J.D.

Tuffy is just a silly as J.D. she currently wants to go on the patio and the windchill is 26. Crazy cat.

15. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Looks like J.D. is off to a very nice start for the PM cycle. (((Dyana)))

16. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 01/09 J.D. Almost +2.5 BLUE!!!

181!!! He hasn't had blue that I know of since January 1st!!! I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!

17. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

PMPS is promising! Maybe the rolling around, which seemed to cheer him, helped bring his BG down.

18. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

Re: 01/09 J.D. Almost +2.5 BLUE!!!

:RAHCAT Go JD! :RAHCAT

19. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 01/09 J.D. +5 151

Surfing!!! [​IMG]

20. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Go, J.D., GO!!! :thumbup

21. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

look at J.D. go!!!

22. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

woo-hoooo! go JD!

23. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Catch that wave and ride it, little cat!

Best-
    Michele

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.