01/17~Luna~AMBG 4.9(88)OTJ Trial Day 12

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ronnie & Luna, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

yesterdays place
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2789
    OTJ Trial Day 12

AMBG 6am
    BG 4.9 (88) fed MM
    WCR: all is well in his little world.

Quiet here this morning, how many beans sleeping thru alarms? :lol:

Happy Sunday everyone!

2. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

Two more days Luna and it's PARTY TIME!!!!! Such fantastic numbahs.

No sleeping through the alarm for me, just couldn't get on the board at 5:00 am so I decided to snuggle back in bed.

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Wow. WOW. Day 12 already!!!!!!!

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

GOOoooooo Luna!!! YAY!!!!!

This is beautiful...just beautiful! Happy Day 12 to you both!! :D

Isn't this just SO exciting!!!!

5. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

OMG - Day 12 alreay. This is going by so so fast.
    The excitement is amazing.
    Better stock up on those baking goodies Ronnie, while the weather is nice.
    Never know what winter in Canada can do, lol and we gots a party to go to.

Have the Bestest Sunday!!!!

6. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow, day 12 already. GO LUNA. :RAHCAT

7. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Everyone is getting their party outfits ready!

8. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

:RAHCAT dancing_cat Yea for day 12, Luna!!! We are waiting for that carrot cake!

9. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

No that's Chocolate carrot cake!! And We are ready to party, but in the mean time--Chew Gum!! 2 more days!!
    I always knew Luna would do it!! Hugs!! :razz: :razz: nailbite_smile

10. Ronnie & Luna

lol

no - its white chocolate icing carrot cake!

u guys get it right or noone gets a cyber piece! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks guys for cheering up my morning!

11. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

Happy day 12!!!!!!!!!!

only 2 more to go! party_cat party_cat party_cat

12. Jennifer and Porky

Jennifer and Porky Member

Wow - it's day 12 already? :shock:

Way to go, Ronnie & Luna! :RAHCAT

Porky is looking forward to meeting Luna at the Falls!

13. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Maui heard there is a party going on! She's not one to miss a party, especially one to be as fun as this one here.....so she's wiping her face, cleaning her mouth and has the nipjitos chilling!

14. Ronnie & Luna

PMBG 4.9 (88) plus question for past OTJer's

Hello

PMBG 6pm
    BG 4.9 (88) fed MM
    WCR: eating well throughout the day, napping, playing, had a puffy tail spazzy moment after dinner - weirdo. :lol:

Question: I am hoping for a little feedback from past OTJer's about something that's been bugging me.
    I wanna get this out of the way in case our lease is up here in LL (antijinx) :lol:

You know how when a kitty is on insulin and in the early hours of +1,+2,and +3,
    you wanna make sure u have food on board to soften the drop in some kitties...well, funny thing is, Luna seems to think he is still on insulin, like I said - weirdo....

cuz he sort of does this "panicky" thing where he fusses for more, like as if he's gonna go hypo on me or something, and God only knows what a holy terror he would be if I didn't do those mini meals at those times noted in our SS.....

I don't know why he raises a stink about it, he gets his MM's anyway...and then by after +3 (both AM and PM cycles) he's all good and goes for his nap or playtime. He's well behaved during the day and in the evening when it's not main meal time.

And it's always at main meal times. Any tips on how to "ween" him out of this habit?
    He literally comes to bug me so I have to get up stop what I'm doing - which isn't much - and go show him his bowl, he'll eat a nibble and walk away.
    I go back to I'm doing and he does it again! Little punk-brat-piggy!! And he meows like he's mocking me! I know that meow far too well.
    Have I spoiled him so much that he has me wrapped around his little paws?

And if he eats most of his servings he's fine, I know this cuz I see him cleaning his paws after and then he goes for his nap.
    That's when I know I can carry on and continue to do nothing. lol...
    and of course I don't wanna overload him in one sitting, as small meals works best for him.

One other question for OTJer's, do u stick with the same mealtimes afterward, like your old shot times?
    I kinda get the feeling Luna is stuck on this schedule and if I change it it might mess him up.
    (huge ANTIJINX for asking these questions, but like I said in case our lease is up, I wanna get the questions out of the way. Antijinx Antijinx)

Have a good sunday night everyone!

15. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

I can't answer your questions but I think Luna is doing great and only 2 more days. YEAH LUNA1

16. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

Checking in late today & glad to see the Tunes is right on track! :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

Thanks so much for helping out this morning Ronnie! I was a little :shock:

Uh...I'll take the 5th on that one! :roll:

17. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

2 more days!!!!!!!!

Most likely his insisting on food at certain times is because he has learned the routine (and cats love routine). It's hard to break them of that, I know Jill said she gradually weaned her cats back down to fewer feedings. I never officially did mini meals with Lucy, except she did get food every time she dropped low which was all the time..... She still wants treats every time I go to my bathroom, since that's where we used to test. It has been almost a year and she still gets excited when I walk that direction!

You might just need a good set of earplugs. :roll:

18. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

With Maui, she got used to being served meals in bed. I would prepare the meal, put it out and she would run to the bed and lay there waiting to be served.

All because when she wasn't feeling well and I wanted to make sure she did eat (especially with everything I added to her food), I took the food to her. This one simple act, became an expectation with Maui. Even today, if I make breffis and she's in bed she will wait and wait until I bring it to her. When I do, she will eat a little, jump out of bed and come out looking for more.

I also had and still have 2 main meal times. This seems to be working out fine. However, each one has their own idosyncracy and wants their food a certain way or location and for the most part I oblige.

I didn't do MM like you do, but I did offer Maui additional food during the insulin days. (again either to ensure meds were taken or to ensure I saw her eat).

Can you leave the MM out for him and then tell him that it's there if he wants and to stop merowing at you? Eventually he will figure out it, especially if you don't get up to accommodate him each time.... silly girl.

19. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Mmm mmm mmm; that cake smells delicious!

Now, about the food, maybe you can think some more on using an autofeeder. After all, you may find other stuff to do outside home, even if just to wean yourself off that pokeitis issue of yours.
    I know you would not be able to do hourly feedings, but it could train Luna to eliminate some of those mm's.
    I do know that Shadoe is completely fine with the feeder, running to it when she hears the whirring turn noise. He can do what Shadoe did when hungry but had to wait: she laid in front of the feeder and when it turned, she jumped right up and ate!

It's so true about habits; kitties learn quickly but once learnt, they hang onto those habits for dear life. So going out or just wearing ear plugs will work great!

Luna, are you listening? Times they are achanging! All for the better too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.