01/18 Bayley pmps 229

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Me and Bayley, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Me and Bayley

Me and Bayley Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2917&p=28556#p28556

Had a really high start to the day - makes me wonder if the meter was accurate...? Anyway - we are in yellows now - I guess we will see how this goes. No acro results yet.....

2. Natasha & Seamus

Natasha & Seamus Member

I missed that you got her tested! Hope the results help you out after all this time.

3. Me and Bayley

Me and Bayley Member

Ya went for the blood test on Jan 7 - still anxiously waiting to hear back. Don't know if there is anything I can do once results are in .... but at least we will know.

4. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

you got the test done! finally! yeah. :)

i know i know long time no see. just peeking in tonight, trying to hit a couple of condos and see what is going on. oh boy i looked at SS. suggestion? go faster. i think you're underdose. i see where you did the big dose drop when there was something weird going on (btw any clues as to what was happening back there? not a lot of info on SS, was eating all normal and acting same as always?) but since you were at a higher dose once you can move faster to get back up there if ya want to.

someone told me you were thinking about adding some R in. ya you totally could if you want to. it is not hard. i can get ya started if you want to do that. but you'll have to sign up for a facebook account and come get me to come over to answer you here when you have questions about the R, it is easy for me to keep FB open while not well and see when a PM comes in. (and i sleep A LOT..i know went from never sleeping to sleeping all the freaking time :roll: ). but i am getting a little better so might be around more often and am always easy to alert off FB (if i'm awake) to help you get this R started. what ya thinkus?

btw, i thought i had suggested you switch to lev long ago when dose was getting up there? no? maybe i didn't, was waiting for the acro test to get done. who knows was months ago, lol.

hey what happened to WCR's? people are still doing those right? they are important, so i'll ask...how is bayley eating/acting/feeling/etc?

been thinking about you guys...

5. Me and Bayley

Me and Bayley Member

HELLO JOJO :) So great to see you!! Okay where to start.... I do have some R in the house - just not really confident about using it yet and don't want to use it when I am off at work all day until I know how she responds... of course - her high numbers never seem to happen when I am home to watch how it works.

I dropped the dose after having to take her to emerg one night - she had thrown up a few times, had diarrhea and was lethargic one Sat. They gave her subcutaneous fluids, pain meds and anti nausea - as well as a med patch and pills for a couple of days for the same (pain and nausea). Was assumed she was likely having a pancreatitis attack to some degree. Next morning she went low and so I skipped the dose and she stayed fairly low so I cut her back to half dose and have been working up since then - based on advice from here etc. It was suggested that if she is acro - the tumour could be less active and I would just have to play it by ear.

I have a FB account - I can PM you the info if you like :)

I am curious about the Lev suggestion - how could it help us? How is it different? (many questions I know). Maybe once the results are in - a decision could be made from there?

WCR - Bayley is eating normally - she loves her food this one!! She is happy and seems to be feeling good since her little emerg weekend. I am not too happy with the higher numbers that are appearing in the am these days - how aggressively should we be increasing the dose?

Sorry for all the questions on your quick visit back. Hope it is not too much. I hope you are feeling better. You are missed by us all :)

6. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Just wanted to see how you and Bayley are doing, been out of town. Kind of thought you'd have the results by now but I don't think they run the tests every day so depending on when they receive it and when they do the next tests I guess it could be awhile. Mine took a while, too, as I recall.

7. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

okay! now it all makes sense. yeah need to add all that to SS on those days she went low. see those were 'sick/not eating/vomiting kitty' numbers not real numbers. but of course you needed to proceed with caution afterwards in case it was a acro rev down. however i think she has proven that it was not a rev down, that her insulin needs have not changed much from when she was on higher dose, hence can move back up quicker.
    i'll be around bit more so don't panic we don't need to get everything tonight. we got back in touch and you know that you can move faster up the dosing scale, that is plenty for tonight. don't worry i will hear the second the acro test results are in and will be back then anyways. we can talk about lev then. and R you are not going to try until you are off (assuming weekend like rest of world right?), so no need to go into alllll that tonight.

go find me on FB, my name is easy~ Jojo Andbunny. lol. i need to go lay back down so i'm headed back there soon. i have to sit at desk to type on FDMB.

sees ya later....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.