01/19 Merry - AMPS 8.5(153) Back in Blues :)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuanneP, Jan 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuanneP

LuanneP Member

Hi guys,

I didn't post much the past few days because Merry was in the yellows, probably bouncing from all those lows and refilling his depot after the skipped shot. I figured it would take him at least 6 cycles to start coming down from the yellows again based on how he responded last time to lows & bouncing and that's how it worked out this time as well.

Honestly, it was nice to have a relaxing week without having to worry about him too much while he was yellow & it gave Merry a little break from all the testing. Although he's always so good for it no matter what, just sometimes gets a bit fidgety after I've had to do several tests in a row, but he's still such a good kitty. Although I was happy to see the blues again because it shows us that 4u is a good dose so far and now I'm curious to see if he'll earn another reduction :)

2. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Keep an eye out for those numbers trending back up. I know why you shot 4 units on that pm cycle with the 65, but you stuck with the 4 units after and that wasn’t an earned reduction. I think it would be fine otherwise, but given the 2 back to back reductions right before it, I would be mindful.

While it is great when they need less insulin, earning reductions isn’t the goal. They need as much insulin as they need to get regulated and reductions will inevitably often be part of that process, but you don’t want to go too far the other direction and then have to increase the dose a good deal before you get back to where you started.

Glad you had a relaxing weekend and he coasted a bit for you, those are nice little reprieves in this demanding dance! :bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.