01/19 Walter AMPS 343. PMPS 363

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Zelda & Walter, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Zelda & Walter

Zelda & Walter Well-Known Member

2. Judy and Freckles

Judy and Freckles Well-Known Member

We hope Walter is feeling better today. Be good for your mom today!:)

3. Zelda & Walter

Thanks! Good appetite. Still not wanting to walk very much.

4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Sending prayers and vines to Walter
    Have a great day

5. Judy and Freckles

Judy and Freckles Well-Known Member

Glad to hear his appy is good today!
    On your spreadsheet, if you want to fill in a cell with the appropriate colour you can use the tabs at the top (the colours for the SS won't get put in automatically if there is anything other than a number in the cell). The little tab (third from the end in the picture below) will fill in the cell. Just click on that little 'paint can' and choose the corresponding colour for the BG test you just took. Colours tend to draw my eye to the cell, so I like that on my spreadsheet. Just an FYI - in case you wanted to do that but weren't sure how. :)

upload_2020-1-19_6-53-16.png

6. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Just went back and read through your condos. Poor Walter :( I hope you and the vet can figure it out :bighug:

Zobaline couldn't hurt to try. I am wondering too about arthritis and maybe manifesting due to the colder weather.

Do you have a heating pad? Maybe see if he will lay on it (lowest temp with a towel covering so not too hot).

7. Zelda & Walter

Thanks Judy! I’ve been trying to figure out how to get the color to show— appreciate this!

Judy and Freckles likes this.
  8. Zelda & Walter

Good idea. When he’s not sleeping under the bed ( also unusual— he use to sleep on the bed)— he’s been sleeping on the radiator.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  9. Zelda & Walter

Thank you.

10. Sherry and Blackie

Sherry and Blackie Member

Prayers for Walter.

Zelda & Walter likes this.
  11. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Sending healing vines to dear Walter. I hope he's feeling a bit better today. :bighug:
    Zelda, did you get a chance to watch that video that was posted by Judy a couple of days ago?

12. Zelda & Walter

Yes—thanks for resending. Walter’s walk is somewhat similar— but still difficult to know what’s causing it. The under the bed is disturbing though he does come out occasionally to sit on the radiator near the window. He usually likes to sit near me or on the bed —wants none of that now. I hope the test results might reveal something.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  13. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Please give Walter extra lovin's from us, when he comes out from under the bed. I agree that arthritis wouldn't normally come on so dramatically. Just wanted to say that once I was taking care of someone else's cat, and kitty did, almost suddenly, lose her ability to hardly walk and just wanted to stay put. She was older, and already had a little arthritis. I took a video, of me trying to get kitty to move about, which I sent to the lady, and she sent to her vet. A day later, the vet examined the kitty, and it really did turn out to be an arthritis flare.

The neuropathy also doesn't come on so suddenly, like you mentioned, but I thought I remembered you were concerned about that in the past.
    The best thing of all is that you have results coming, and will be getting help for that beautiful red cat. I've always wanted to hug and squish him!

14. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

I watched this again, after knowing about it, and watching it first, a few months ago.
    This could be Tina . . .but she got even worse before starting to recover, practically dragging her back end (vet kept thinking it was arthritis) and she hadn't been diagnosed with FD (but was 2 days later). Now, we are on the sixth month of Zobaline, and Tina is just almost catching up to Tootsie's success:)
    Good BG control alone, should help the most over time, but I'm hanging on to our Zobaline for life:cat:

Walter :bighug::cat::bighug:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  15. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I hope whatever caused Walter's stiff legged walking will ease off...arthritis can indeed cause them to walk oddly - I hope it's just a matter of time until things settle for him and he feels better :)

16. Zelda & Walter

Thank you —how’s Luci doing?

17. Zelda & Walter

Ordered it today from Amazon—the vet was dubious—but he had never heard of it so there you go. :rolleyes:

18. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I always get a chuckle when someone says that their vet doesn't know something that's related to feline diabetes...I was utterly astounded to learn that vets have so little training in FD - in fact it's so minimal I can understand why they know so little about it - much less any of the remedies needed to treat it. Unless they've specialized in endocrinology or the treatment of feline diabetes - of which there are very few who do - then I take what they say with a grain of salt - not to disparage all vets - I have admiration for what they do in regards to animal care - but have learned through many conversations that they just don't know anything about FD...and leave it at that. :)

Luci is doing fine - cast and all. A few more weeks and then another evaluation.

Sonia & Leo and Zelda & Walter like this.
  19. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Zelda & Walter likes this.