? 02/10 Willow PMPS 110/ +3 76/ +4 83/ +8 81 Question - Nadir or Dip?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by nslade001, Feb 10, 2019.

1. nslade001

nslade001 Well-Known Member

yesterday

Hi everyone, first the question...what do you do if your cat is off and doesn't eat breakfast, with regards to giving insulin? (Something I should know in case it happens)

Willow had a great day and night, although poops are definitely down. Over the past couple of days there's been a definite decrease in the vast amounts of urine as well as trips to the water bowl, although poops are down a bit. Last night she woke us up at 4am so we fed a tsp from the 5am feeder which is preloaded with
    tsp LC.

Then came this morning. She peed over her litter box (overnight) a bit, and visited her water bowl at least 5 times before +0.5. She actually left off eating her breakfast to drink, then returned to her food, sniffed it, and left it to go to bed. Wayne then held the bowl up to her and she polished it off without further encouragement, so I shot as usual.

Either last night or sometime yesterday she had a poop covered hairball, essentially (didn't find it till this morning as it was beside her bed, must have been a cling-on). So she may be feeling a bit off with her digestive situation. But I really don't know what's going on with the water drinking.

I hope you all had a great night, and wish you a day of safe surfing! With love, Nikki

AMPS 6.0 (108)
    1.6 U Lantus
    +3 4.7 (85)
    +6 4.8 (86)
    +9 4.4 (79)
    PMPS 6.1 (110)
    +3 4.2 (76)
    +4 4.6 (83)
    +8 4.5 (81)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  2. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Wish I had a suggestion on the digestive issues and water drinking, but I haven't a clue. I hope you find a solution soon.

Her numbers look great though. I hope the tiny dosecrease helps to push her into even better numbers :D

Bailey sometimes gets picky with where she wants to eat. She will stare at the food until you put it on the ottoman, and then she will jump up at the ottoman and eat it all up. What's the difference? Only she knows.

Krystina & Nelli and nslade001 like this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

There was one time that Furball didn't want to eat and I had to go to work, so I just skipped her shot to keep her safe. If this ever happens with Willow and you don't have to leave, you can stall and keep trying to get her to eat and shoot late. With the low numbers Willow has, if it was me and she wouldn't eat, I'd skip to keep her safe.

I hope the water drinking settles down. I think sometimes cats drink more just like people do and it's just the weather or something.

Krystina & Nelli and nslade001 like this.
  4. nslade001

nslade001 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, Willow usually nadirs (I thought) around +3 or +4 and often dips around +9. But today's dip is lower than what I would have thought her nadir. Also, I thought the dip if they were to have one, would be around +10 or +11, but hers is around +9 or +8. I would say those were nadirs if they were consistent, but she also always drops at +3 or +4. So, what would you say? Thanks, with love, Nikki

5. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Beautiful numbers today!

nslade001 likes this.