02/14/14 Jerry OTJ Trial Day 1 AMBG 105

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by HappyCat, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HappyCat

HappyCat Member

Today is the day! Jerry's giving an OTJ trial a try, I've never been so nervous/excited.
    AMBG 105, not too shabby so far.
    I did have a question though... If the insulin runs in 3 day cycles/durations will it be possible to get a bad number in that time? Does it take 3 days to leave his system? I'd appreciate any additional tips or anything I should know.
    Also kibble isn't at all an option I don't want yucky numbers but should he end up losing too much weight what would you guys recommend to get him slightly back up? Will the shreds/bits with extra gravy raise his numbers as well or might that help if he gets too skinny?
    Thanks guys send us lots of luck! :D

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Good luck!

Kitten food, or a food with higher fat than protein content is more likely to keep weight.

Feeding several modest meals will keep him from getting too full, plus keep the pancreas from being overloaded.

Active play may stimulate appetite (hunt, catch, kill, eat, groom, sleep behavior cycle).

3. HappyCat

HappyCat Member

Thank you for your support and help as always. :mrgreen:
    You've helped us SO much in his journey we really do appreciate it.

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Just passing it on :smile:

We hope you'll stick with us, help new folk, and pass it on, too.

5. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Yes, with Lantus you might still see a bit of the residual depot helping keep numbers lower but after about three days, it should clear out fully. You want to see numbers between 40ish-120 for 14 days during the OTJ trial, but you might have an occasional "higher" number around 130-150 or so. If that happens, try a "food test" and feed him a bit of food and then test again in 2-3 hours to see if the numbers go lower for you. :mrgreen: Good luck!

6. HappyCat

HappyCat Member

Thank you so much to all for questions answered and your support. :mrgreen:
    We'll definitely stick around and try to help - I sure know how tricky he's been so it certainly does take a village!

7. Dusty Bones

Dusty Bones Member

Here's to you and your kitty's success! drinking24

8. Michele&Errol

Michele&Errol Member

Good Luck Jerry :thumbup

9. HappyCat

HappyCat Member

Our PMBG was 95. I was sooo excited to see a green!!! What a fabulous day for him I hope this sets the pace for the rest of his trial and beyond! :mrgreen:
    Thank you all for the support and well wishes. I hope to report back with more great news.
    Team Happy Cat. :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.