02/16: Esse AMPS=333 PMPS=290

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele and Esse, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Daily Digest:

AMPS=333. Wellness out for breffus, Evo out for lunch. Shot 2.75
    PMPS=290. Wellness out for dinner...shot 2.75. WCR: Just fine and dandy...
    ***************************************************************************************************
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6367

Morning, LL...

Change in pattern for a few days; I'm only getting Am/Pm ps, and on Friday will get an AM/+4...as the vet has asked me to do. I figure the least I can do is do it her way (modified to include AM/PM) for a few days, you know?

And I will be feeding/shooting a bit earlier (not by much) today/tomorrow; rotation in the OR, and we meet at 06:30 instead of 07:00...so have to adjust to make it work. And Malachi will be dropped off at the vet's tonight, be neutered tomorrow, and my best friend will pick him up after surgery and bring him home and sit with him until I get back from class. She's wonderful...

I hope everyone has a great day - I'm fairly reassured by the lower AM number...and I'll admit to being a bit worried about not testing as often, but...well...I'm willing to give it a shot.

Best-
    Michele

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 02/16: Esse AMPS=333

I get to use the ohmygod_smile in this condo too, eh Esse?

Michele...are you not testing throughout the day at the vet's request? Is that correct?
    Why would the vet want you to stop testing her? Maybe I missed something over the past few days....
    I have heard that many vets say that testing too much is stressful or something...but I personally don't believe that. I don't know why they don't like people to test often....can you fill me in please?
    Apologies if you have explained this already....

3. Michele and Esse

Pat, I don't have a lot of time right now, but basically, you're right - the vet thinks that frequent poking will increase stress levels, which will increase glucose levels. She wanted me to not test and just shoot for a few days, and then get an AM and a +4, and give her those numbers; I told her I was not going to shoot blind, that I just couldn't do it (using some of the more scary numbers from Esse's chart to illuminate my point...), and we've agreed that through Friday, we'll just AM/PM, and on Friday do a +4.

And to be honest, she's been so good and willing to work with me and not treat me like an idiot, that I'm willing to do three days' AM/PM only...although she knows that I will test should I feel the need/Esse throws indications of issues.

I've really got to get out of here...I'll be around after school and explain more. BTW, a full blood panel's results on yesterday's condo...

Best-
    MIchele

4. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi Michelle,
    we know u will test if need be, and you have a good understanding about not shooting blindly, so that's good enough.

Your a good mom to ur kitties, and are doing the best u can. cat_pet_icon

I hope Malachi's surgery goes well tomorrow, will be looking for updates from u, sending good good positive vines and vibes.

5. Michele and Esse

Thanks, Roni...I appreciate that. Not that Pat was implying anything though...

As for the wee meezer who was supposed to get neutered tomorrow, I had to reschedule...so it will be a week from tomorrow. Sometimes, I really should look at the calendar I'm putting all my stuff into...instead of just putting stuff into it and not paying any attention about timing and ability to actually accomplish 9 things at once. LOL.

As for Miss Esse Mamacat, she was 290 for PMPS. Can't be unhappy with yellow...even if it's high yellow, it's better than pinkpunk...

Best-
    Michele

6. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

nope - no implications at anyone...just saying in general, u and all of us do the best we can when we have little obstacles!
    No worries!

opps! wrong date on the calendar! lol, crappus happens, just reminds us again next week

a little yellow is good, let's see what little Esse can do tonight! dancing_cat

7. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

come on down, Esse!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.