02/17 Boomer AMPS 103 +3 92 +6 121 PMPS 131 +3 65, photo

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning!
    AMPS 103 shooting 2.0u
    Well that was a surprise; I expected to see him well into blue.

Boomer ate most of his overnight foods, leaving just a bit of each serving. He called me last night but came btb shortly after without my getting up.

Yesterday I finally got out for a walk; I hadn't been in several days due to weather, DH appointments, and mainly due to the contractor being in our house. It was cold but it felt good! My first stop proved useless but my second stop was productive; Mr Wood Duck and his girlfriend (that is actually a mallard not a wood duck) came out of hiding and I got some great shots! My third stop was at the cemetery where the Great Horned Owls were hanging out and she is on the nest now. This isn't a great shot as she was in heavy shadow since the nest is in a tree cavity....but look at her eyes! A minute earlier she had been very chill; half asleep! Then a Redtail Hawk flew over to the nest hoping for a meal of unhatched babies no doubt. I missed the shot of the hawk at the nest :arghh: but took this one right after.

Today on the agenda: my oldest daughter's bday is this week so we're having her family over for dinner today. If I can get everything done this morning that I need to, I want to head to the other park where the Great Horned Owls usually nest; apparently they have shown up and she is on the nest.

Attached Files:

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Nice start!
    I bet you will be glad when contractors are done
    Love the pic, I love owls and I love woodpeckers

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  3. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

WOW! What a great shot!

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Boomer. I hope he surfs safely today and lets you get out. Great picture. Enjoy your dinner with your family.

5. Judy and Boomer

So I decided to run out to the river to see if I could catch the eagle flying down searching for breakfast. I tested Boomer at +2 then fed him a small spoonful of food just to discourage a big drop. Told DH to test at +3.
    Walked in the door about 20 minutes past +3, asked DH if he had tested. "Oh...no I didn't" I guess (ok I know) I had a look of exasperation on my face and he started to say "well I've been......" busy I guess he was going to say but stopped at the look on my face....
    And Boomer's dish had turned and Boomer has eaten only a smidgeon of it.
    So I tested +3 92 and I made sure Boomer ate. Just like being a single parent some days! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Rant over.

Kris & Teasel and LizzieInTexas like this.
  6. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

It is really hard sometimes. I have the same issue with my DH at times. He had to start setting alarms on his phone to help him remember to test. Hugs to you! I love the photo! She looks so disgruntled, haha. I know I've said it before, but I LOVE great horned owls (any owls, but great horned owls are my favorite!). Just seeing the one in your photo makes my heart soar (cheesy I know, but what do you do?!)

FYI - I panicked because your title line says the +3 was 923! I figured it must be a typo, especially when you seemed so serene about his numbers, haha.

7. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Your +3 shows 923 :eek: on your title. Had to check the thread. :smuggrin:

8. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

And AMPS says 10! :eek::eek::eek:

9. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

That Owl really looks angry! Great Photo !
    Happy Sunday.gif

10. Calicos are Best (GA)

Calicos are Best (GA) Member

I like your owl photo, very nice catch![​IMG]
    And your cat profile picture is so cute with the hearts! [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Your +3 has got to be an error. I see it was, good catch though. Great shot of owl. Actually looks mean, ready to fight that hawk.

12. Judy and Boomer

13. Judy and Boomer

lol oh my I didn't notice it!

14. Judy and Boomer

Oh my lol yeah I'm tired today. Corrected the AMPS and the +3

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  15. Judy and Boomer

16. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

What "Stink Eyes" as my granddaughter calls them, the owl had! Hope the hawk didn't get any babies.

Single parent: yep, I know the feeling, I was one with my human children with my first husband and am one with the furbabies with my second hubby. But, in 2nd hubby's defense, it's not because he's a lazy SOB sitting on his a$& while I do everything. Okay, my rant is over. (2nd hubby is my favorite, LOL )!!

Happy Birthday to your daughter!

17. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Every time I see a Great Horned Owl I think of Rusty, who often looked like one (we used to call him "Little Owl"). What a fabulous shot! I'll bet MamaOwl scared that hawk away!

Lookin' good, Deputy Boomer!

Happy Birthday to your daughter. Enjoy your family dinner.

18. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 131 shooting 2.0u

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  19. Judy and Boomer

Yup, couldn't be further from the truth with my second husband too! Still....he COULD remember to test :rolleyes:

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  20. Judy and Boomer