02/18 Domino AMPS 149, Puff AMPS 333 Questions - Need Advice

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Domino and Puff, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Domino and Puff

Domino and Puff Member

Domino -- Overall he seems to be doing well. At the 1.75u dose he stays mostly in the blues, with a few yellows and greens. At the 2.0u dose we seem to get more greens, but some of them are a little too low for my comfort when I'm not home to check. If I were home, I would probably go with the 2.0u, but since I'm not am I doing the right thing by sticking with the 1.75u? Is it acceptable to give him 2.0u some days when I will be home and then 1.75u when I have to work? I have read on here to try to hold the same dose. What would some of you do?

Puff -- we are now up to 3.0u and can't seem to get out of the pinks and yellows. Since this is a higher dose of insulin, do I now make my increases in .5u increments or still only increase by .25u every three days? I'd really like to see him come down soon. He seems to be doing good overall, but it worries me that he has been so high for so long.

2. Camille and Cyclone

Camille and Cyclone Well-Known Member

For Domino - I also cannot test during the workday and cannot get nadir most nights although I spot check before bed so I'm familiar with your problem. If it was me - I'd go with the higher dose and go for those greens, and do the best I can with monitoring - get a +1 before work if the ps is unexpectedly low, etc. But that's me - we all have our own comfort levels and you have to do what feels right. Could you work with a fat 1.75 or skinny 2.0?

Puff - according to the protocol you should increase by .5 when dose is 3.0 or higher, but in the past I've been advised to do .25 increases every three days - I guess it's a matter of choice. With .25 increases there's less chance of passing the correct dose, but you'll get there more slowly.

Wow, two FD kitties! You're a wonderful kitty caretaker!

3. Domino and Puff

Domino and Puff Member

Thanks Camille!

I'm not sure how accurate I would be at a skinny 2u or a fat 1.75u. Those lines are just so close together anyway! But I guess I could try.

I'm thinking Puff might benefit from the .5 increases because he has been in the pinks for so long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.