02/20 Nova AMPS=284, +5=241, PMPS=243, +2=272, +3=292

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dawn & Nova, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

Oh noes :( Nova seems run down..tired/sleepy.. but she doesn't seem sick or in pain or anything.. she's eating breakfast..

I started a new pen today..the other one still looks fine..but I just don't know what's going on.. so will at least rule crapped out insulin in or out.

Any ideas what might be going on? This can't be normal :(. Will test lots today.. and do lots of trying to get her to pee on a stick..

I should add.. that even when she was first diagnosed and on high carb dry food.. she's always been below 400.. and since she's been on low carb wet, the only time she's been around this high is during rebounds..

yesterday's

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 02/20 Nova AMPS=284

Hi Dawn,

she's eating, this is good.
    hows the pooh action? anything fresh lately?
    have u found any hairballs? anything she may of eaten (plants, or human food etc)

did u change brand of food or give her a new flavour of anything?

if u could keep us updated thru the day, and we'll see what others suggest too.

3. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Oh Nova! I hope you start feeling more energetic soon. Good luck with the new cartridge.

4. Dawn & Nova

She's a once a day bomb dropper.. so haven't caught any poos recently.. going to go clean the litter box and hang out by the box..that usually gets her to come down and do some sort of bathroom action.. if that doesn't work then I'll bring out the princess potty (small covered litter box I keep for when I need pee and she's not interested in an audience) and lock up in a room with her for a while..

Pretty low chance she would have got into anything.. don't see any barfs anywhere.. I haven't seen her hairball since I started home testing a few months ago (she gets brushed like 5+ times a day now :) ).. no food changes.

5. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

any kind of struggling when eating? slow or strained to eat...

maybe she's due for a hairball

hope u can catch some pee, so we can get that out of the way.

6. Dawn & Nova

She ate slower then normal.. but she ate probably 1/2 can of FF.. man I'm scared to do a +1.. I haven't seen pink since before she was on insulin when first diagnosed.. blaaaaaaaah..

If she had a hairball coming I'd know it..and so would most of the neighbourhood.. she makes a ton of noise when it's time soon (within the next day).. she used to have lots of hairball problems (more emotional then anything).. so we've always got that malt flavoured vaseline crap on hand to help her out.. she's never actually done a hairball without the help of that goo, that I have ever seen

7. Dawn & Nova

Re: 02/20 Nova AMPS=284, +1=293

Test was negative for ketones.. she also poo'd... wasn't anything unusual for her.

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Geez, pee and poo on demand!

Nova may be having an off day. You have mentioned she's a drama queen so maybe she's wanting some attention. Alternatively, sometimes a flat yellow cycle may mean some action in the next cycle. It may be that her dose needs to be tweeked. Let's wait a bit and see.

9. Dawn & Nova

Very rarely can I get her to pee on demand.. but often I can get her to poo.. just clean out the litter box (or pretend to if there's nothing in).. coax her down to the basement (not hard, she loves the basement.. cold..dark..uncomfortable.. her 3 or her 4 favourite things -- the other one is being wet.. I've asked them at the vet to verify her species.. they are pretty sure she's a cat).. put her in the litter box and cheer and clap like crazy.. dig around with the scoop a little bit.. generally make a big huge fuss over her.. act like she invented litter boxing :).

10. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 02/20 Nova AMPS=284, +1=293, +2=279, +3=259, +5=241

come on down, Nova!

Maybe she's saving up some action for tonight.

11. Dawn & Nova

Re: 02/20 Nova AMPS=284, +5=241, PMPS=243, +2=272 - eyes please

Well.. I had hoped that maybe the old insulin had crapped out.. but if that's the case.. her shed would have mostly filled up with the new insulin this morning..and this evening I should see some changes yes?

From Tilly's protocol: Phase 4: Reducing the dose

"If the cat will not stay in the normal range after a reduction, immediately increase the dose again to the last good dose. Sometimes, a cat can even manage to keep its BGs low for a day or two, but then the BGs begin to rise again because the beta-cells haven't recovered enough yet."

If there is something else going on that you guys understand and I don't.. please explain it to me.. because I'm pretty lost, worried and confused :(.

12. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

in your first post today you mentioned nova being "off". if that continues, i'd take her in to get checked out. however, she might be feeling "off" because her numbers are higher than they have been.

dose... if tonight's cycle is flat, the numbers may break tomorrow. if they don't, let's re-evaluate the dose before shot time tomorrow night.
    sound like a plan?

13. Dawn & Nova

Okie dokie.. before her PM+2 .. after a day of moping around..she was really playful.. her and I played with bottle caps for about 15 minutes..she had so much fun.. was so excited to test.. and then saw the number.. and started crying.. yeah.. I'm that pathetic.

14. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((dawn)))
    trust me, i've seen a lot of spreadsheets over the last several years. there's no reason to cry. nova is doing very well. these ups and downs are the norm. she'll be back on track before you know it.
    happy to hear she's playing! she must be feeling better...

15. Dawn & Nova

Yeah I just know that her surgery in a week is more risky if she's struggling.. even if the numbers directly aren't a serious problem.. her mindset and energy levels have an awful lot to do with her recovery..

You guys know how it is.. I love her so much.. the idea of her having any suffering just rips me up..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.