02/21/2011 Spitzer is back home again :-)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by BJM, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Previously

When I visited last night, he was still affected by the anesthetic and hissing and growling ... and he NEVER hisses! He was very loopy and had difficulty standing and walking. The vet noted he'd had lots of diarrhea during the surgery.

I picked him after lunch today. He has Clavamox to take, since biopsies were taken from the intestines, plus some tartar cracked off his teeth. He's got pain meds to take, too, since he has a long incision on his belly and everything was moved around. He's got to be sore. I've prepped all the meds for this evening, since I have rehearsal and my friend will be dosing him.

The vet showed me some intra-operative pictures. The enlarged lymph node was the size of a large marble, or slightly shrunken ping pong ball. The pancreas was a very bright red; she didn't biopsy it because doing that can actually trigger pancreatitis. The intestines were all spread out and looked uniform. I couldn't tell if they looked normal, but the previous ultrasound indicated thickening throughout.

2. Marcy & Klinger (GA)

Marcy & Klinger (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Spitzer has a speedy recovery. Sending healing vibes and keeping Spitzer in my thoughts.

3. Jenn & Baxter

Jenn & Baxter Well-Known Member

Spitzer feel better soon!

4. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Sending healing energy to Sweet Spitzer!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.