03/07/10 MeowMeow +13.15 AMPS 87 +6 46

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by mrsd4ever, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrsd4ever

mrsd4ever Member

MeowMeow's numbers haven't came up and stayed up yet today. I've given him the higher carb food and treats and he is acting fine. I have been reading the info on shot placement and wonder if that can be why his numbers came down so low on the same dosage amount. Even though his numbers seem to contradict what others have experienced. We have been all along been shooting on the sides of his chest or belly and my husband has even shot in his flank however the past several injections I did I did in the scruff of his neck. It seems the scruff shots have produced lower numbers.

He doesn't have a lot of fat on him since he lost the weight so it can be difficult shooting on his sides so I tried the scruff which was actually easier. Should I continue shooting the scruff with a reduced dose or go back to the sides with the same dose? I was leaning more to keeping the same dose and staying on the sides. Any suggestion?

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi again!

looks like you lost your first thread for today? not sure, but here is a link, others will need it to keep track of your day today, if you can please stay with one thread per day, had a lot of action earlier today so we don't want to lose track of what went on earlier.

Today's earlier thread:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8360&p=83337#p83337

You're question sounds like the scruff has better absortion for shots. In my opinion, I would stick with it. I'd like others input on that too. Besides, you also say it's easier to shoot the scruff anyway.

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

POST IN OTHER CONDO FOR 3/7

I am cutting and pasting the info above into your condo for today. Please only open one condo for your kitty each day. There are too many cats here and important information will get lost if there are multiple condos. Just click on the "edit" button in your first post of the day in order to change the subject line so you get the help you need. Post a new message in order to move the condo to the top of the Board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.