03/07 ~~ Bear ~~ AMPS 127 ~~ Dose Advice? (no rush)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by lynn and bear (ga), Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lynn and bear (ga)

lynn and bear (ga) Member

AMPS 127 -- shot 1.50u skinny (new dose yesterday)
    +2~56

Last condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7137

Hi, LL - About 2 weeks ago we reduced this bear's dose to 1.25u from 1.50skinny because he was battling the 40's for a while. The past few days his numbers started creeping up so yesterday i increased back to the 1.50skinny. Today he already hit the 50's by +2. I don't think I am comfortable "riding the edge" with him anymore because I always have to leave for work at +2.

So here are my questions:

1. Was increasing back to 1.50skinny the right thing to do?

2. If he starts going low again, is there a "custom bear plan" we can formulate? There isn't a dose between the two (between 1.25u and 1.50skinny), so if one dose is too high and one dose is too low, is there some weird way I can compensate like shoot one for 3 days and then the other for 3 days, etc?

3. Does this idea sound insane?

He has been doing well otherwise, acting like a kitten and making my heart happy every day. Hope you guys are all well!

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi Lynn

so are good questions, let's see how the day goes, and hopefully u get some feedback soon.
    will u be around this evening for updates?

3. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

No advice, Lynn, but wanted to stop in and say Hi, and I love that Bear report.

4. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

No advice here either.. but droppin thru to check on you two... cheering you both on & in hopes that someone will come by with advice for you soon :thumbup

5. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Hi Lynn!!!! Hi Bear!!!!

I'm no expert on custom plans and I haven't spent a lot of time studying your spreadsheet yet. I'll try to talk with Jill and Jojo to see if they have any thoughts. But one thing I can see on your spreadsheet (and can remember from something Jojo pointed out recently with some of the long-term cats) is that Bear might just need a lot more time to settle his doses. For example, on 11/7 you decreased from 1.5 to 1.5s and it took a full month (until 12/10) for him to settle in to green preshots. Maybe he just needs more time on the 1.25. I agree that 1.5s looks like too much right now.

That's all I've got for now but I'll keep pondering too. :smile:

Come visit more!

6. lynn and bear (ga)

PMPS 112 ~~ Dose Advice? (no rush)

AMPS 127 -- shot 1.50u skinny (new dose yesterday)
    +2~56
    PMPS 112 -- shot 1.50u skinny

Ronnie, Linda and Nicole - thank you so much for stopping in! :)

Libby - You got me looking back at December 10th and I see something curious - the four days before he went to green preshots were highs for him, even at nadir. Like the past 4 days this time. hmmm...

I wasn't sure what to do tonight so I hooted the 1.5skinny. I will watch him. I like to watch him anyway ;)

7. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

hi lynn!
    now i'm curious to see what bear is going to do. :mrgreen:
    sticking with the skinny now sounds good for now...

8. lynn and bear (ga)

Hi, Jill! Nice to see you! I'll keep shooting the 1.50skinny and see what happens. If he goes low again I guess we can re-evaluate. His +2 tonight was 89 and he has been zooming around. Thank you for taking a peek. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.