03/09 Furball AMPS=322 PMPS=305 +3=168

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carfurby (GA), Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday: http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=90470

I have never liked DST and having a diabetic cat makes me like it even less. Furball did not need an early shot last night. I couldn't work it into my schedule to move her shot by 15 min. increments, so I had to shoot 30 min. early last night. Last night at +2.5 she was at 113. I left some MC food out and went to bed. I really needed sleep because I had not slept well all week due to being sick. I don't know how low she went, hopefully not too low. This morning we get the big bounce. When I first tested her I got a reading of Lo. :shock: I don't even know what that is supposed to mean and I haven't remembered to look at the manual. I immediately grabbed another test strip. I was thinking she doesn't seem hypoglycemic. She alert and happy & purry. I guess I didn't get enough blood on the test strip the first time. I dread shooting 30 min. early tonight. If she is blue, I may give a reduced shot for the night and go back to her normal shot tomorrow morning.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

2. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 03/09 Furball AMPS=322

Hi Carla...There you are, I was looking for Furball this morning :smile:

I did the same thing this morning....didn't trust the first number, 'cause it was too low, and redid it.

Don't you just hate these nasty bounces. I can't test during the night either, so dont know how low mine goes.
    I hope Furball comes down nice and slow and safe for you today.

Have a wonderful day....I hope you're feeling better. :smile:

3. knolet

knolet Well-Known Member

Hi Carla,

Hope you are feeling better. I'm sure that Lo originally was a bit scary nailbite_smile hope Furball comes down later, but not too low that you worry about moving shot time. This time change stuff is inconvenient for diabetics.

Have a good day,
    Kathie

4. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

Gulp, that lo reading has a way of making your toes tingle. Hoping she recovers from the bounce quick. I remember looking at SS on here and I came across MJ & Donovon, there's an entry on here SS that says "Welcome to waste a strip day" :lol: :lol: :lol: I was/still new at testing and laughed hard at that and felt instanly better for double checking some of those scary numbers. Thank God for BG meter's even if it stinks to have to test.

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 03/09 Furball AMPS=322 PMPS=305

More bouncing. Her numbers are going to be out of whack for a couple of days due to DST. I hope she gets back on track quickly. She did dip down to blue today for a little while.

6. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Carla, sending you some feel better vines. Furball will get back on track. Thanks for your vines and visits to Maggie.

7. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

That's a nice mid range blue after that bounce. Hope you get to feeling better.

8. Tara & Buster

Tara & Buster Well-Known Member

Looks like Furball is starting to come back down - yay! I know what you mean about DST. I am VERY thankful I don't have to deal with that since AZ doesn't change. I am from WA so I used to do it and it never worked very well for me. Took me a week to get adjusted every time. Hope you get through it all ok - hugs and scritches from us!

9. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Way to hit the blue floor, Furball! :D More vines for you, Carla. Hope you are feeling better.
    Liz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.