03/10 - Nova - AMPS=239, +2=227, +3=205, +5=178

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dawn & Nova, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

Nova is in a *really* good mood this morning.. she was last night before bed too.. which I'm pretty happy to see since she's been so up and down (mostly down) since her surgery.

yesterday's

2. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

Re: 03/10 - Nova - AMPS=239

Maybe Nova is starting to feel better!! Wahoo!

Magnolia holds a grudge and it took her more than a few days to be in a good mood after the dental. Today, she's got some bounce to her step, as she didn't have any Clavamox squirted down her throat with breakfast. It's the little things...

3. Dawn & Nova

Re: 03/10 - Nova - AMPS=239

Maybe our kitties can get together and have a post dental feeling better party :)..

Nova has been off her antibiotics for a couple of days..but this morning was the first time I noticed she didn't smell funny.. not sure what's in that stuff but it made her smell disgusting.. I'm hoping that's what made her so cranky all week..

Liquid meds are the worst!.. my heart disease cat was on liquid meds three times a day for about 2 years (really bad tasting stuff too.. like REALLY bad..).. the vet staff looked at me and laughed when they gave me the ABs and I said "are you sure there's nothing I could give with a needle instead?".. "oh Dawn.. you're hilarious"..

4. Dawn & Nova

+5 was right in the door from her vet trip (which she wasn't terribly thrilled about) so I was surprised to see blue..

Check up was good..infection gonzo.. ouchies healing really well.. she lost a tiny bit of weight since her surgery, but not enough that they are concerned.. she's still really overweight (15 pounds, should be 12).. she was proper weight when she was dx.. but got super fat since (FF is a lot less filling then the low cal food she was on before)... I shrugged when they said it.. "oh we're not going to give you crap for it.. she needs to eat if she's hungry"..

We use the same sort of joke with Nova as with my HCM cat.. (who we fight to keep slightly overweight because he frequently drops a LOT of weight fast).. "what's going to happen if he's overweight? he'll get heart disease?".. We do realise that being overweight doesn't help either condition.. but it's a matter of picking battles.. with either of them not enough food is worse then too much.. you guys know what I mean I'm sure :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.