03/15 Merlin AMPS 178/ +2 140/5 129/ +9 206/ PMPS 260

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Steve & Merlin, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Steve & Merlin

Steve & Merlin Member

A quiet night of blues and greens. Looks like he may do the same today. All the pricking has made is ears rather sensitive and raw. The pricks clearly sting now. They didn't before. But he is putting up with it.

2. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

You must be ecstatic that he didn't bounce!! That's progress
    Regarding his ears, when he is high (like yellow or pink), you could probably hold off testing so much to give his ears a little rest. Maybe a warm washcloth on them would feel good to Merlin

3. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Sorry his ears are sore, some folk in the use neosporin with pain relief for when their ears get bad.

There are a couple of things that you can do to minimize bruising and discomfort from the picks.
    once you've done the prick apply firm gentle pressure to the spot for about 10 seconds, I also use a cool/wet cotton pad to do this, it keeps bruising to minimum and Georges ears seem to cope well even when we have a days of crazy testing.

Carol & Murphy (GA) likes this.
  4. Steve & Merlin

Steve & Merlin Member

Thanks for the ear suggestions. I will give them a try. I think his +9 206 is inflated. My wife accidentally gave Merlin some inappropriate MC/HC food at +6. We have other cats and one of them won't eat Merlin's food. So we have diabetic and non-diabetic canned food on separate shelves. Nobody gets dry food. I had to go into the valley for supplies so she gave him his snack. We try to feed him every 2 hours to try and get some weight on his bones. She realized her mistake when I was getting the stuff to take his +9. I was expecting a higher reading, but it didn't seem to throw him off much. Otherwise, I'm betting he would still be blue. I think I will keep this dose for awhile. His numbers are not that bad, he's stable, and it will give his ears some time to heal up.