03/18 J.D. PMPS HI, +3 315

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dyana, Mar 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Last Night:
    384 PMPS
    340 +3.25
    225 +7

J.D. didn't eat that much last night, but I didn't really push him to eat. He's a peeing machine this morning.

I never did hear from my Sister last night, and my neighbor was not home, so I just took the cats for a walk and then stayed on FDMB.

J.D. was eating some left over Friskies right before AMPS this morning, and has returned to it a couple of times for a few bites, and he ate some baby food beef with broth, and I just gave him some cypro and ondansetron.

Question: He threw up bile (because his tummy was so empty) before he ate this morning, and I have not been giving him any Pepcid because I thought I read that it doesn't work well with stomach protectants. Now, I can't find the information and need to log off to get ready for work.

Anyway he's eating okay so far this morning.

I hope everyone has a good day.

2. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Re: 03/18 J.D. AMPS 503

Morning, Dyana :coffee:

I wish I had an answer for you with regards to the Pepcid, but I don't. I am sending tons of healing vines for J.D., and I wish for him to make a full and speedy recovery, and have a very wonderful appetite, and bring those #s down (pssttt... J.D., those #s are way too high, lil man!!! Can you bring them down, please?) Please be safe, and try and have a good day.

3. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Come on down JD! Eat your fuds big guy. More healing vines for your sister. Have a great day Dyana!

4. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Hi guys .. hmm, no advice from me on the pepcid .. but I am keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers that J.D.'s appy picks up on his own and that his numbers work there way down too .. have a great day guys!

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope J.D. slid down today and his appy gets better. Sorry I don't know about the pepcid. Still sending prayers for your sister.

6. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I gave him the small drop of R tonight by pushing in the plunger and releasing that pressure to just get out a small drop in the needle, at PMPS. I guess I'm just setting up another bounce. He did eat around 1/3 to 1/2 can FF Medleys mixed with steak at +1.5, and we went for a walk before that.

I spoke to my Sister for the first time this evening and she sounds so weak. She said that she has bruises all over her body and her feet are swollen and her belly is bloated and her hair is greasy and she just wants a shower. She is in CCU and is hoping they will move her to the regular hospital tomorrow. She is talking and able to eat a little. Her red blood cells were 4 on Saturday and are supposed to be 2500. She said she is up to 28 at last count. She is tired, and I encouraged her to eat to keep up her strength. She could use your prayers if you have any extra.

I won't be on tomorrow evening as I have a H.O.A. meeting and those always go late, and past my bedtime.

I hope everyone has a good evening.

7. Bo & Jake

Bo & Jake Well-Known Member

Oooo,Dyana!
    Tons of prayers for Your dear sister!
    You girl have a lots on your plate ...send you some prayers for the strength and health.
    :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

8. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Prayers continue for your sister!

9. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

wanting a shower is a good sign! praying for her. i hope she continues to feel a bit better. it's good that there was improvement in her blood cell count.

i recall the conversation about the stomach protectants and yes, i think the consensus was that pepcid was one as well.

looks like the R brought him down some - hopefully he won't bounce from it but i sure don't blame you for using it.

10. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I don't know the answer to your question because I'm not sure what stomach protectant he's taking?

Sending many more healing vines for your sister. Bleed her heart....I'm sure she just wants normal.

11. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

Prayers and healing vines for your sister. I am glad you did get to speak with her. :YMHUG:
    Hoping for a bounce free night for J.D. and a good appy with no tummy upset :smile:

12. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Sending prayers to your sister, Dyana.

13. Rebekah

Rebekah Member

Hey Dyana,

Powerful healing vines to your sister tonight, may she feel better and better and better.

I also hope JD doesn't have a R bounce, you hear that little fella!

I know you have a full plate right now, Dyana, but I also know that you are strong.

Thinking of you, always.

Rebekah

14. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

i found it dyana - what you're thinking is that the Orbax had a warning that it couldn't be given with "stomach protectants" and we decided that Pepcid was probably in that class of drugs. But JD isn't getting that now, so it's likely ok. I read through the info about Baytril again, including the warnings on it, and it doesn't mention "stomach protectants."

since you're not giving him the Orbax anymore, you could probably give him the pepcid again.

15. Jennifer&Cain(GA)

Jennifer&Cain(GA) Member

Many healing vines to your sister and stay strong vines to you. :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

16. Tina & Rocky

Tina & Rocky Well-Known Member

How to Give Pepcid and Sulcrafate

Hi J.D,

I have TONS of experience with both things that coat a cats stomach, and Pepcid. Ok.. so, sounds like kitty needs to have his stomach coated with something to help him heal a possible ulcer. That bile can burn a hole in the stomach lining pretty quickly.

http://csu-cvmbs.colostate.edu/vth/Docu ... alfate.pdf

Pepcid has no healing action on an ulcer. It has no "coating effect" on the stomach of a cat or a human, whatsoever. Pepcid has the exact same action in a cat that it does in a human. Pepid ONLY reduces the amount of acid in our stomachs. It will not help a "sore," painful stomach feel better.

Pepcid is a long acting drug and stays in the cats body for a long time. If the cats body has not processed it all by the next time you give another dose, it can make the cat sick and they will vomit.

Although cats don't like it, I would give sulcrafate too, if it was my cat. That drug really does coat the cat's stomach, and this helps it to heal. Unfortunately, the cat will sometimes throw it up. However, what I found is that even if this happened, it still worked!!

About the interaction of a drug that coats and a drug that reduces acid-- You need to give the Famotidine (Pepcid) at least 2 hours before giving any drug that will coat the cats stomach.

Many blessings to you both, Tina

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.