03/20/18 Mango update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lesliejm, Mar 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

Mango is a BRAT!!!!!! It was as if he was never diabetic. He is obsessed with treats! I want to pull my hair out, but just die laughing! He is always sitting by the laundry room waiting for treats since that is where for three months he got his bg checked and always got a treat for it. He can be outside on the lanai with the doors closed and if he even thinks we are getting up off the couch and going anywhere near the kitchen where the laundry room is off of, he races to want in thinking he will get a treat. He will sit by the laundry room door staring us down and talking because he constantly wants a treat!!! He is driving us nuts! Lol He is back to his old self again. He is now jumping on the kitchen counter again where he continues to beg for treats. He will sit there staring us down while we watch tv. Sometimes we just close him in the laundry room to mess with him. I can be standing up holding him and he will go nuts trying to get down when daddy goes through the laundry room to go out in the garage. It is all about the treats!!! His bg has been great. Today he was in the 50's. He stays in the 80's and below. He runs around playing with his toys again and he can jump up on his cat condo again. What a difference since he has been OTJ. I do not ever have to worry about sleeping in. It is like clock work that he is pawing on my husband and me at 4:30 am to get treats and food. He still thinks I need to get up and check him. He paws on the covers and my face to wake me up. He will also whine at us. He makes us laugh so much. Again, it is this forum that got us to this place. Without it, Mango would not be where he is today. Thank you to everyone for helping and getting me to this point. On another note, our first grand baby will be moving close to us! Our son got promoted through FedEx trucking and will be relocating to Orlando. He now lives in Dallas Texas but will be moving in two weeks! Our granddaughter will be only three hours away instead of 18 hours away. We were only able to fly to Dallas a couple times a year and now we will see her at least three times a month. AND.... Our daughter in law and granddaughter will be staying with us for a week while they wait until their new apt. is finished and can move in. Our son will be staying in Orlando with his boss for the week. He doesn't feel comfortable having his wife and child staying at his single bosses house by herself while he is working. Talking about being in heaven! A grandmother's dream come true! There is so much to do in Orlando. We will be busy this summer! Mango being OTJ will allow us to travel as my son hates animals and will not let Mango in his new apt. He is OCD when it comes to germs. Hope all is going well with all of you.

[​IMG]

2. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

Wonderful update! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Lesliejm likes this.
  3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I love a report like this!!! :D:D:D:D

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

What great news for Mango enjoying the falls! And even better news that your son and his family will be so near you. You must be over the moon!

5. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

Oh yes!!

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  6. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles Member

Fantastic update!

7. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

I went to a union meeting at school this week. I have no clue why I went. I never go to these things. It was fate. I met a man that came from Oklahoma to talk to all the teachers at different schools about joining the union. He was going over the perks that you get for joining and one of them was pet insurance. He said he wish he would of known this because his cat was just diagnosed with FD. Of course I raised my hand and said we need to talk. A very funny and nice guy came to my classroom and showed him my spread sheet and this forum. He is giving 3 units 2x a day and he doesn't test because the vet told him to come back in two months to get the cat's blood checked again. Of course you know what info I gave him. We exchange phone numbers and he is going to get on here and learn to test. No testing! He didn't know what insulin the cat was on either. The vet just told him to give three units and I will see you in two months!!! This is fate. Why I went to the meeting was beyond me. My colleagues were even surprised I was there! I feel good I was able to help. Mango is doing great, in the 70's. He runs around crazy and gets a fluffy tail. Still a treat monster and wakes me up in the morning. One more week until my grandbaby gets here! Hope everyone is doing well!

8. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Love the update! So glad Mango is doing well and sorry FD treatment made him a treat monster, but you have the right idea, you just have to laugh at it! :joyful:

I’m glad you’ll get to spend more time with your family and have them close and Mango’s remission will allow you to do so many things over the summer with your family.

That’s amazing that you went to that meeting and met another FD pet parent! I hope he starts home testing and will keep my eyes peeled for him joining here, what’s the cat’s name, do you know? What a beautiful way to pay it forward, finding other people with FD cats and helping them to heal by landing in this awesome and knowledgeable place. :)

Thanks for updating us, Leslie. Look forward to the next one. Chin rubs to Mango. :cat:

9. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles Member

Destiny!

Are you a teacher? I used to be a teacher. I thought it was the best job ever.:cat: Enjoy that new little baby coming your way.:bighug:

10. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

Yep, a second grade teacher and I love it!

11. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

Thanks everyone. Not sure what the cat's name is, he has 5. I will let you know when he is on the forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.