03/20 - Small Kitty amps 277 pmps 70 - Getting better

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Photorecon, Mar 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Photorecon

Photorecon Well-Known Member

Good morning dear FMDB teachers and longtime helpers.

Small Kitty is now working the juice like he has never done since his entry in the FD leagues. Don't know how or why but it works. Actually I know why, a re-education on where the normal range is and keep Small Kitty there as often and as long as it’s safe to made a change. Recovery time and range between high and low numbers is also way better than it used to. The fact that Levemir entered the game to push Nadir further away from shot time made it safe to shoot at low numbers. A light green at preshot on Lantus compared one on Levemir is way different. A low green on Lantus will be pushed down even lower not long after shot. The same low green with Lev will have 7-9 hours to rise before being pushed back down by the insulin (at least it’s what’s happening on @Osha (Amanda’s cat) and Small Kitty. This was something I was not expecting when starting with lev, it was supposed to flatten the curve, not with Small Kitty.

Amanda and I will see each other for the first time in 6 months next Saturday. We see each other on Hang-Out (Skipe competitor) every single day from our arrival home up to when it’s time to leave for office/school the next day but even with 12h. more together every day over cell phones, we can only go up to a certain point. The time to see each other is FINALLY coming, spring break will be a very special one this year J. Can’t wait to get at the airport and see Amanda and her daughter waiting for me. They really are my new family and I’m sure we will have some good time together.

Thanks to FMDB for that, with no diabetic kitties the chance of having met each other is very slim.

*Thanks to @Bobbie And Bubba for the 3 drops post

Have a good day everyone, thanks again for your guidance and help since the beginning of this thing.

Last Post

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  2. Photorecon

* This morning yellow is to annoy me, to say I'm wrong saying it's going better :) ..

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Don't let that yellow get you down. Overall SK is looking better. How exciting you get to spend Spring Break with Amanda and her family.

Photorecon likes this.
  4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Sebastien!!!!! :bighug: It is great to see you on again. You and Small Kitty and Big Brother have been missed for sure. I am so glad that you and Amanda will be seeing each other soon. 6 months is a long time to not be with the people you love. I know y'all will have a lot of fun together and I will be looking for photos on FB or your adventures.

I am adding below Wendy's comment to my 3 drop post as I didn't clarify it well , so please read what Wendy said:

Just had to comment on this. The TR protocol says that long term diabetics earn a reduction by going under 40, or by going a week in green. Some caregivers have decided to use an alternative for reductions, where they use three drops under 50. This last method is also suggested for cats who keep failing reductions.

Of course SK would pop a yellow this morning after you were saying how well he was doing. These silly kitties. :rolleyes:

Photorecon likes this.
  5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Only a few days to get through. Where are you both located?

Your post regarding lev is helpful to me. I will be switching to it this week.

Photorecon likes this.
  6. Photorecon

Thanks for the clarification Bobbie. To be honest, I more go by experience then strict rules. I'm so afraid that the good dose
    could be ''scrap'' due to an unnecessary reduction. Extra food will be served to Small Kitty to keep him safe until next nadir comes up.
    Most of the time a bounce is coming with a reduction making it even harder to ''kill''.

Always nice to see you Bobbie ! Thanks !

7. Photorecon

Both Amanda and myself are on the East Coast. I live in Montreal, Canada, Amanda is in North Virginia.
    The trip is only 1h30min of flight time but at 350$ round trip we got to make it ''justified''.
    As for now it's more then justified, no guilt at all :).

Olive & Paula likes this.
  8. Photorecon

I found Lev to be more predictable and what you get a preshot is often your nadir. I will do one day curve but doing it
    every 3h from morning to night is lost of strips. You better tighten it up past +6 and watch for your lowest number.
    *ECID, we have 2 like this but some might be gearing on straight after shot time. Unlikely but ecid :cat:.

Good luck if you go ahead and don't hesitate if you have questions.

9. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

You could drop some lev to me as you fly over!!!!!!!

Photorecon likes this.
  10. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

We can't wait either:cat::kiss:

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.