? 03/23 Willow AMPS 94/+3 61/+4 68/+8.25 81/ PMPS 95/+3 86/+4 92 ... Question about Cornsilk Extract

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by nslade001, Mar 23, 2019.

1. nslade001

nslade001 Well-Known Member

yesterday

Hello everyone,

Another good day and night for Willow ... she's feeling so much better :)

I've read that cornsilk extract (non-alcohol base) can be used for UTI inflammation along with D-mannose...was going to start Willow on it to help ensure as much as possible that her UTI will be cleared up. I saw mentioned in a couple of posts that it might raise BG, but when I looked online (google) I saw it could *lower* BG, and possibly help with pancreatic healing. Which is awesome, but her numbers are fairly low and I'm a bit worried about adding that unknown to the mix and dropping too low. Any experience/thoughts on this?

Hope you all had a lovely night, and wishing you and your kitties a great day of safe surfing! With love, Nikki

AMPS 5.2 (94)
    1.05 U Lantus
    +3 3.4 (61)
    +4 3.8 (68)
    +8.25 4.5 (81)
    PMPS 5.3 (95)
    1.05 U Lantus
    +3 4.8 (86)
    +4 5.1 (92)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  2. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

I'm always interested in "Natural" help for my kitties. I use CBD oil that works for Pain,& appetite. I'll be interested how the Cornsilk extract works. Good luck !

Slippery Elm is supposed to be good for a lot of things "Slippery elm is said to relieve inflammation of virtually any mucous membrane and is used in the treatment of inflammatory conditions of the lungs (bronchitis, asthma), kidneys, bladder (cystitis, FLUTD symptoms), throat (tonsillitis) and joints (arthritis).
    https://draxe.com/slippery-elm-for-pets/

nicedAY.gif

nslade001 likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Willow is feeling better. I don't know anything about cornsilk.

nslade001 likes this.