? 03/26 Diamond pmps 131 +3 48 +3.5 55 +4 55

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by krazy4kritters, Mar 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/posts/2157291/
    I just gave him ~ 1/2 can of FF pate. This morning he hit 52 at +2. I gave him a Sheba portion and his BG went up. fingers crossed.
    He earned a reduction 5 cycles ago. he gets another on now, right??

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yes, he earns a reduction. Do you have any high carb food? You don't want to fill him up, but with a below 50, we feed higher carb tonget them above 50. Maybe just a couple tsps or so. And test again in 30 minutes to make sure he's up.

3. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

How do I add BG numbers into SS when I take two. i.e. +3 and +3.5. On Saturday when he hit 49, his first under 50, I started a new sheet to log everything. I'm not in panic mode when he is just under 50. He seems to come up with a little food. That said, I don't think I need to start another sheet like I did the other day. In the past, if I took a reading not exactly (for example) +2 but rather + 2.5, I made a note of it in the comments. I do however, want to log this 55 on the actual chart.

4. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Put both numbers and note the times. Then you need to paint the cell to match the numbers. You can see Rex's spreadsheet where I had multiple readings in one cell. Sometimes you need to change the text color so it pops out better, ie white in a dark green cell instead of black. I hope that helps.

krazy4kritters likes this.
  5. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

Thanks! @Mandy & Rex
    Did I read Rex's SS correcty? He went OTJ in just under two months! Way to go Rex!

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  6. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

So, Diamond has been surfing in the 50’s tonight. I’m pretty sure the 63 @ +6 was from his +5 snack. What do I do if he has a real low amps? I planned a .25 reduction but I wasn’t planning on a surf in the 50’s. I’m probably jumping the gun but want to be prepared.
    His last reduction was on a ps of 74. I work tomorrow but my son is on spring break and can test.

7. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Check out these two sections in the Tight Regulation: Shooting and Handling Low Numbers sticky:

• How to Deal with Low Preshot Numbers
    • Some general rules when stalling (ECID)
    They're written well and will give you the information you need to make decisions.

krazy4kritters likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.