04/17 Mowgli AMPS 335; Question for Long Weekend

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AmandaE, Apr 17, 2019.

1. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone!

The long weekend is coming up and I would like to take the opportunity to up Mowgli’s dosage by 0.25u for a total of 1.75u BID. This is based on his BG data over the past 10 days.

I am following the SLGS method so I know this is kind of early for a dose increase since I have reset his cycle twice with a 1u shot. This was because he had some lower pre-shot numbers than I was comfortable shooting. In hindsight I believe I could have given him his dose without concern.

I think it would be a missed opportunity to not up his dosage when I am going to have three days off to collect some good data and watch how he gets along.

I'm looking for advice and feedback on this idea.

04/14 Mowgli PMPS 155
    04/13 Mowgli AMPS 299

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

While technically following SLGS you'd restart your day count after those lower doses, I see no harm in taking the long weekend while you can monitor more closely to see what an increase to 1.75u does for Mowgli. He's doesn't appear to be getting into any concerning low BGs on the 1.5u so if I were you, I'd definitely use the long weekend to my advantage.

AmandaE likes this.
  3. AmandaE

Thanks Linda!

I can't think of any better way to spend my Easter weekend than baking a ham and testing my cat's BG levels! My spreadsheet will be so data filled ;)

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

In theory, it may be fine to raise the dose. However, in looking at Mowgli's SS, I'm guessing there's a fair amount of nadirs that are in the blues that you're not seeing since you can't always get mid-cycle AM tests. It's looking like those blue numbers are triggering bounces.

SLGS does give you more flexibility than TR. I suspect this is a judgement call and a great way to get a lot more data.

AmandaE likes this.
  5. AmandaE

I think you're right, I know I will be home all weekend to watch him so I don't want to regret missing the opportunity to judge his reaction (with the flexibility of being able to stay up all night in case of an emergency) without having to worry about work in the morning.

I am planning to move ahead with this strategy in hopes I can get some dark green numbers out of my Cutie-Mowga-Melly-Moo