04/19/14 Mom-mom +6 @ 208, back up to 508

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Mom-Mom, Apr 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mom-Mom

Mom-Mom Member

I have been so nervous about mom-mom's high numbers lately. Today at 8:30 am she was @ 434 but, by 2:30 p.m she was @ 281. Say a prayer that she keeps going down, I got maybe 4 hours sleep in 3 days because my nerves are shot over this. Thanks all. Now its shot time and it went back up to 504. I set my alarm for another test in 3 hours. I can't even guess anymore, I just don't have a clue

2. Laura&Chichi (GA)

Laura&Chichi (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 04/19/14 Mom-mom +6 @ 208

Hi Laura! I am very new here too, only 3 months, but I wanted to say hello and that it does take time to get used to all the information and testing #s etc. I will say I am trying to get used to all the bouncing my Chi Chi does, its very frustrating, especially since I just don't have the knowledge to understand it all. I am so grateful we all have the vast knowledge on this board and those who are willing to share it and give advice, which without, I may not have my baby around still. I have been reading your post and am happy to see Mom Mom finally beginning to come down some today for you. Please take care of yourself and get your rest when you can. I know myself, If I am stressed, then My kitty can sense it too. Youre doing great on the testing btw and nice to see your figuring things out around here. It takes some time for sure! :smile: Laura & Chi Chi

3. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Did you mean to post this in the Lantus Tight Regulation Forum instead of in Health?

And remember to breathe! She didn't become diabetic in a day and control takes a while. Getting down to 208 puts her under the renal threshold of around 240 mg/dL, so that's good.

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Laura:

While I will admit to having said that sleep is overrated, you really do need to take care of yourself. You can't take care of Mom Mom is you're totally sleep deprived. There are definitely times when I've sacrificed sleep -- especially when Gabby and I were new to this sugar dance. What I would suggest is that you get a +2 or +3 test at the minimum. If the numbers are dropping very fast, then you'll need to test more. (The +2 should be roughly the same as your pre-shot number.) If not, you don't need to stay up all night to test. I would look at a night like last night as a good reason to get caught up on your sleep.

5. Suzanne & Cobb(GA)

Suzanne & Cobb(GA) Well-Known Member

Laura,

I second Sienne. Definitely take care of yourself. When we first joined I was getting up with Cobb and a baby. I think there was two months when I got two hours of sleep at a time. It was rough. You really need to get some sleep when you can!!

~Suzanne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.