04/21/18 Texas Gizmo PMPS=356, +2=331, +4=249

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Apr 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

04/20 (+5=49)

AMPS=180

Shot in the scruff again. There was a drop (tiny) bit on his fur but I got most of it in. I will have to get use to shooting the scruff.

We shall see!

I have to clean out the refrigerator today (YUK). It isn't bad but I take everything out and clean the shelves and inside. I am also going to run by Pet Supplies Plus and see if they have the ZIWIPEAK Venison (@Bronx's dad) mentioned it in a post a day or so ago. I want to try another novelty protein. He has felt so good on the duck and any chicken or turkey based food he just isn't crazy about anymore (and he is feeling so much better NOT eating the chicken/turkey).

I also discovered yesterday that WERUVA - Cats in the Kitchen cans now have fish oil in them - why would they do that??? I checked some cans that I had (Fowl Ball) and it does NOT have it so this is a new formula change.

Happy Caturday!
    weruva.JPG

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Gizmo. I hope you get a blue/green surf today. I hate it when cat food companies change their food.

3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Nice start for Gizmo. Glad he is feeling better not eating the chicken and the turkey. About the fish oil, it is good for the kitties. I give 500mg /day to each of my cats. It's good for arthritis , heart , and I started giving it to help with constipation.

Have fun doing the refrigerator. I am doing the basement freezer as I type. Hate that job but, the ice formation was dipping down and impinging on real estate and got to have plenty of space for this summer's harvest.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  4. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Bronx likes the Ziwipeak rabbit/lamb the best, I will be glad to send you a can to see if Gizmo likes it if Pet Supplies doesn't have it, but it is even higher phos than the venison. He wasn't a big fan of the venison but loves the RadCat venison. Still liking the duck & not liking the Organix Chicken any more.

5. LizzieInTexas

Thanks. I will get both if they have it. Wow is it $$!

Ziwi's website lists Pet Supplies Plus as having it but I will let you know. Thank you :bighug:

Back to the fridge. Trying to beat the garbage truck:D

Bronx's dad (GA) likes this.
  6. LizzieInTexas

May be coincidence but for now he loves his duck!

But that is user controlled and you know the quality. It was just disappointing because there are so few low carb, low phos that do not have fish or fish product's.

Me too. Freezer is done and working on fridge now. :mad:

7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I didn't think of that, good point!

8. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Yeah, a case of 12 is as much as a case of 24 of most other cat foods, but the can is a little bigger

9. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Pet supply plus by me doesn't carry ziwi. Chewy does. The new food I picked up yesterday the Verus 6.5 oz can is $2.20 a can. If she eats it consistently and it's only her I'm okay with it. For 4 cats I need to take out a loan. Trip needs to gain weight though. I might try the ff kitten, she is super picky. She will starve herself, literally. Anything at this point (except raw) I am trying.

Bellasmom likes this.
  10. LizzieInTexas

Thanks. Have you tried the Whole Earth Duck? Gizmo goes crazy for it. Bronx likes it and Elmo (@Beth 73, who turned me on to it) loves it. you can get it at Chewy or Petco. Just a suggestion.

Beth 73 likes this.
  11. Olive & Paula

Haven't tried that brand yet. Tux and Tripper always refused duck in the past. Never tried it with PJ and Olive. I want to just get a couple of cans first. Lately I'm over run with chewy shipments as they aren't eating the food. I giving 4 cases to the shelter I help at their rabies clinic. And I have a full case each of 2 flavors of Nulo, they stopped eating. I don't have a petco near me any more. I don't know yet if petsmart sells it.

12. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

It makes me sadly feel SOOO much better to share this Board with fellow cat food hoarders !!!!! :bighug::nailbiting::woot: You just never know when that beloved , always eats no matter what food gets the thumbs down :woot::woot::woot: Elmo has stayed in love with the Whole Earth Duck and now wants a topper of Weruva Paw Lickin’Chicken . So glad we have each other to share food finds/thots with :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=356

History:
    AMPS=180, +2=251, +4=266, +6=292, +9=284, +11=324

Not sure how much is bounce or if I had more of a fur shot than I originally thought this AM.

14. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

All Bella’s brothers and sister love ff kitten, oceanfish

15. LizzieInTexas

Gizmo can't have FF. Too high phosphorus. He has ckd.

His kitty krack is the FF turkey and giblets but no more.

16. Olive & Paula

I don't feed anything with fish in the title. I had 2 cats allergic to fish. So I just always stayed away from it.

17. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:❤️:bighug::bighug::bighug:

18. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Fish is too high in phosphorus for CKD kitties.
    That looks a lot like a bounce, but yea, could be too little insulin. You can probably tell by how it goes from then to now.
    Feeling very guilty about my fridge. It is something of a hot zone now. Probably no Eboli in there, but other possibilities lurk. No mold thankfully, but one oil spill, s few dehydrated veggies sticking to the sides, and an aura of gray on the bottom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.