05/29 Juno AMBG 86

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tininha & Juno, May 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tininha & Juno

Tininha & Juno Member

Yesterday's condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=119446

Hello everyone!

Juno is still in the greens but his level today is slightly higher than the morning readings of the past week... :roll: Today it is holiday in Denmark, so I decided not to give him the shot in the morning as I have to leave in a few hours for a pic-nic. Otherwise, I will keep thinking how's Juno doing, is he too low, maybe I should be at home monitor him, etc, etc. So when I'm back in the evening I'll give him the tiny-dose and hopefully his numbers keep in the green range.

Have a great day!
    Cristina

2. caringcdn

caringcdn Member

Hi Cristina,

I mistakenly posted in yesterday's condo, oops. Enjoy the holiday in Denmark today! Anne

3. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Hope you had a lovely holiday!

Juno's continuing to look great.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hi Cristina - I hope you had a great picnic out today. Looks like Juno might be thinking that dose is a bit too high. He did great after 36 hours without insulin. :mrgreen: How would you like to try an OTJ trial at your next green preshot?

Here are the formal instructions for an OTJ trial:

• Test at your normal AMPS and PMPS times. Feed multiple small meals throughout the day as much as possible (small meals are less likely to overwhelm a newly functioning pancreas).
    • If Juno is green at your normal test times, no need to test further until the next "PS" time, just feed small meals and go about your day. If he is blue, feed a small meal and test again after about 3 hours. If his number is lower 3-4 hours after a meal, then his pancreas is working!
    • Post every day so we can monitor your progress and see if any tweaks are needed. It is not unusual for cats to get lots of blue during their trial, especially at first. Don't panic and don't shoot unless we tell you to.
    • If, after 2 weeks Juno has stayed in normal numbers, we have a party!
    Sometimes the trial doesn't work the first time and we have to give a little more support in the form of resuming insulin. It's not the end of the world if that happens, we just give him the support he needs. Our goal is a strong remission and it's better to take our time to get that than to rush into remission just to have it fail later on.

Congratulations and Good Luck!!!!!!

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I hope you enjoyed your picnic and congrats on the upcoming trial tomorrow!! I'll be rooting for you and Juno.

6. Tininha & Juno

Tininha & Juno Member

Hi Anne! Hi Julie! Hi Wendy! Hi Tiffmaxee!

Thanks a lot for your visit!

My fault, Anne! Because of the time zone differences I always reply to your and other people posts on the next day ;-), unless Juno wants me to be awake the whole night to test him :shock: and then I decide to read and reply some of your posts at the board.

Wendy, thanks a lot for the help! My plan was to start the OTJ trial in 2 days, but after the 52 of last night, I'm willing to give it a try and start today an OTJ trial. Juno had always small meals throughout the day. That's how he prefers to eat, and I kept giving him food that way since he was diagnosed with diabetes, which is great for his little pancreas. So he's only eating tiny amounts of food along the day. I will post everyday during the OTJ trial to show how he's progressing, but my mind is all set if the trial doesn't work. If it doesn't work, then we must go back to the juicy days ;-). At this point, I'm already happy to see that his values are below the 230 threshold for the kidneys. The vet said that would be the goal for a diabetic cat, but when I started to read the research by Roomp and Rand, then I switched the goal to remission :D. I must try to convince Juno's vet to use the tight protocol regulation of this board for other diabetic kitties :D.

The picnic was great and I enjoyed a lot people's company. I'm so glad that I didn't shoot in the morning :D. Always trust your gut feeling! Did you see his 52 reading at PMPS +4?? OMG!!!! Just imagine if I were not at home at that time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.