05/29 TUFFY - Old timer update PMPS +3 67

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Barbara and tuffy, May 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

WCR Tuffy is doing well. She has not vomited for 2 days. I have been keeping her off the patio when it is hot. I let her out at night. Does not make her happy but I think it is safer.

Because I was concerned about her digestive issues I took her to an "internist" on Wednesday. That was an expensive experience. After looking at her SS he stated that I should not be giving my cat insulin. I was going to kill her via hypo. I should also not be feeding anything but wd. I stated that EVO and FF were far better.

She had a urinalysis, CBC, Chemistry and Fructosamine. He called on Thursday with the results and said, "You are dong an excellent job managing her. Her blood work is excellent". Yes, her numbers were all very normal. She was very good and she is feeling better.

Recap
    AMPS 84
    +4 83
    +6 85
    +10 90
    PMPS 75

She is on .25u (anti-jinx)

Off to shower BBL.

2. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Re: 05/29 TUFFY - Old timer update

Nice to see you Barbara. That's a funny story! I'm glad Tuffy got a clean bill of health.

3. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

:? Yeah, from killing her one day to excellent job managing the next. Some vets... :roll:

I wish vets understood that if we're actually taking the time to treat FD, that killing our babies is the absolute last thing on our mind. Yes, hypos can happen. And yes, they kill. But for pete's sake, I'd rather them ask "so...you know how to handle a hypoglycemic event? Let's talk" rather than "oh, don't give her insulin...she's gonna die." Good grief.

Glad to hear she hasn't vomited in a little bit; and that she goes out at night instead of the day. You're doing really well with her, Barb...phooey on the vet.

Best-
    Michele

4. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

hmmm, I wonder if Tuffy is thinking of packing for a move to a new condo somewhere? (*anti-jinx*).

Her spreadsheet makes me so happy, especially looking at where she has been and where she is now, and where she is thinking of going.

5. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

I LOVE THIS REPORT! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    You are the best! That doctor could learn a lot from you.

6. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Great Tuffy report cat_pet_icon

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Great vet report -- except for the vet's reaction. I always wonder why a vet wouldn't ask, "So, tell me how you manage your cat's diabetes." Good to hear from you Barbara!

8. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Hey Barbara :D Nice to "see" you and Tuffy.
    Her spread sheet is looking really Really REALLY good. I think she likes that dose (antijinx).
    I agree with everyone else here, the vet should be asking you how you do it, so he/she can learn something.

Hope you have a fantastic weekend.

9. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Tuffy --- come on girl, you know you want to move to the Falls. And have I got a job, errr something fun for you to do when you get here. Not only that I have a very special uniform, errr bikini that will look fab on you!

What do you say.....want a job, errr something fun to do?

Signed Maui the Magnificent

10. Michelle and Doodle

Michelle and Doodle Member

Hi Barbara!!
    Tuffy is looking Fantastic!!! :D

11. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Thanks D & Libby: It was the awesome mentors on this board that led us down this path. I have used the techniques they taught. I think about where she was when she started and where she is now and am amazed. She has had her ups and downs cruising the 20-30s and up the HI. Thanks is not sufficient for the progress she has made.

Hillary: We will take one day at the time.

Her +2 PMPS was 75, her +3 67. Leaving food out. Hope all have a wonderful holiday weekend and all beans and kitties continued success. This board ROCKS and the suggestions work. Will post when I can.

12. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Great report for Tuffy! Sorry the vet was so dramatic and doomsday! I guess the blood work showed him he was wrong! :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.