05/30 J.D. AMPS 211, PMPS 368, +2 383

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dyana, May 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Question: Did J.D. earn a dosecrease last night? Since he's not that high yet, didn't Diahann have a thing (I'm so tired I just woke up and can't think yet) an experiment or process where you shoot twice in a row at +11? Well I can do that today.
    How about shooting 2.5 at +11 twice in a row (this morning and tonight)?

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 05/30 J.D. AMPS (at +11) 211

I didn't get any responses, so I just did it. I hope I don't get into trouble or noodled. :roll: I shot 2.50 units at +11.
    He ate his breakfast, and he is happy.

3. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Dyana,
    I'm new so can't offer advice. I think everyone must be sleeping in except us crazies, he, he! Someone should be along shortly. I tried to go btd, but didn't work, as I already had some coffee! Take care and hope someone comes along soon. Have a nice Sunday!

4. kate and lucky

kate and lucky Member

Hi Dyana,

some nice hootin last night. Lovely to see some calm numbers for JD :mrgreen:

hOOTIN THE 2.5U AT +11 would be like an increase equivalent to the 2.75u. Shouldn't be a drama.

What time is it there for you?

Have you got a +1 or 2? Might give you an idea of where he's heading.Maybe even get his surf board out again.

What you've done is what I was suggesting last night to get back on track. It is harder with JD because he's a fairly unpredicatable lil furball :lol:

5. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Where is saying a +11 is equivalent to a 0.25u coming from?
    I've been studying early shots for some time now and could not come up with calling it a 0.25u increase.
    There are many things you think about in "gauging" what an early shot might/will do.

ETA: Things I think about when shooting early, kitty's: history, typical onset, starting BG at time of early shot, duration, overlap, current dose, is a bounce involved, how early (+10> in .5 hr increments)? In a 12 hour period how much does 1, 1.5, 2 hours equal in relation to dose? If a +11 is equivalent to a 0.25u then what is a +10 equivalent to? IMHO you can't attach a specific amount to an early shot.

You did the right thing by shooting +11.

6. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Thanks Kate and D!

If the numbers allow, should I shoot at +11 again tonight?
    Did he earn a dosecrease, yesterday? Or should I go back to 2.75?

I tried to go back to bed but it didn't work. Coffee is brewing. And cats are ready to go outside.

7. D and Noisy

Got to see today's numbers first but I think 1/2 an hour would be better. You have tomorrow to catch the other 1/2 hour, right?

8. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

IMHO he earned a decrease (I would do a shave) and you earned a nap for today. Maybe J.D. would like to take a nap with you. I think it would be safe to shoot 1/2 hr. early and then 1/2 hour early tomorrow to get back on schedule. Good luck. Nice to see he is not on the moon after yesterday. Have a great day. Enjoy your coffee. Off to the barn.

9. D and Noisy

I would stay at the 2.5u and see if he holds. If numbers don't stay good, I wouldn't wait long, go back up to the 2.75u.

10. kate and lucky

kate and lucky Member

D,

I know what your saying.I wasn't being an exact science, but remember back Jojo saying if you shoot earlier it is like the equivalent of an increase as creates more overlap.
    A way of trying to keep insulin levels level (if that makes sense?)

Hope so. Maybe I need coffee (except I hate the stuff! :roll: )

11. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 05/30 J.D. AMPS 211, +1 241

Okey Dokey. I'm fairly awake now.

Shoot at +11.5 tonight if numbers allow. He just went up 30 points, I hope he levels out.
    Try 2.5 units, and go back up if not holding (after waiting for bounce to clear..).

Let me know if my brains still a bit fuzzy. Thanks for your input.

12. D and Noisy

Yes, I agree that it creates overlap (more insulin in system) but deciding how much that equals is way more complicated. I'm just saying you can not call it a 0.25u increase.:D I added a little to my post above.

13. kate and lucky

kate and lucky Member

Yup-I'm with you D :D

Still looking good Dyana.Agreed on the +11.5 if numbers allow.

C'mon JD-Get that surf board out again :mrgreen:

14. D and Noisy

You "might" shoot an hour early, don't know. If he is in heavy bounce mode than an hour early could give you a good entry into the new dose 2.5u. What an hour early might do is create a little overlap to work through the bounce then next cycle arrive nicely into the 2.5u with a better starting point in the hopes that the 2.5 will hold. I like to assist the dosecrease as much as possible -- an early shot is a possible "assist" tool.

15. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 05/30 J.D. AMPS 211, +1 241, +3 279, +5 345

He's a climbing. I just gave him some R. It probably won't do much, but might help a little.

16. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 05/30 J.D. AMPS 211, +1 241, +3 279, +5 345, +8 344

He's holding steady in the mid 300s. I don't think I should give him anymore R, so we'll just have to ride it out until +11.

I was able to transfer some photos from my camera's program to photobucket. They are old - taken in April.

J.D. Out For A Walk
    [​IMG]

J.D. Looking Tough
    [​IMG]

17. D and Noisy

Re: 05/30 J.D. AMPS 211, +1 241, +3 279, +5 345, +8 344

Love those photos!
    Looks like you might be able to do the +11 if you would prefer that. Since it is night cycle I'd probably go for the 1/2 hour tonight and the morning -- just for sleep reasons. If he's still in the 300s you can pick which one you prefer.

18. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 05/30 J.D. AMPS 211, PMPS 368 (at +11.25)

We posted at the same time. But Thanks! Already done.
    I returned home about 10 minutes late for the +11. So shot was at +11.25.

19. D and Noisy

Perfect.

20. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

nice hootin', Dyana. :smile:

Those pictures are GREAT, J.D. looks so healthy.

21. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

And mighty handsome too! :D

22. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Thanks Libby and Jan! He's pretty happy, too. :D
    I ran into a friend of a friend who asked me how my cat was, mentioning that our mutual friend said to her that he was ill. I don't think of him as ill. I think of diabetes as a condition, that needs to be managed. Am I wrong?

I just gave him some R because he keeps climbing. Although, I'm tired..yesterday wiped me out, for some reason, and all I did was test test and test. Again, I don't think it will do much as far as bringing his numbers down, but may help the bounce not to go any further.

I thought I posted this a half hour ago, but posted the same time as Jan, I guess.
    Now I can add on, that I just fed the cats outside on a blanket in the grass, their 2nd dinner with freeze dried salmon sprinkles on top. A little spoiled, but much loved. cat_pet_icon

23. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Awwww Dyana what a nice mommy you are to put out a picnic supper for the kids. :smile:

I hope you can keep J.D. from bouncing to high. Its no wonder you are whipped. Hope you can get some good sleep in tonight as I know you have to work tomorrow. Nice you will have company though. cat_pet_icon

It is a medical condition in my book too. At least thats how I think of diabetes and its totally treatable. Ill would be something that could'nt be treated in my book? He looks great! Your a wonderful mamabean.

Have a nice evening.

jan and sara

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.