05/31 Frankie AMPS 175; PMPS 76

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dan and Frankie, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan and Frankie

Dan and Frankie Member

Yesterday and Today I have been extremely busy and emotionally trying (so much going on right now), in and out of the house with zero time to monitor. I am here the rest of the night and since she had such a low number and PMPS I lowered the dose to 0.75. I know I went ahead of getting more tests and advice and I would have rather had more tests all day today before lowering the dose, but it was that or skip the dose and I did not want to see her bounce all over the place for the next couple days because of a skipped dose, so I will be monitoring all the way to NADIR tonight.

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Dan --

No worries. There are plenty of people who are at work or school (or both) and can't get spot checks every single cycle. The only down side is that of course, it's on the day when you couldn't get any spot checks that Frankie has a green PMPS! The hard part is that we don't know if his numbers ever were below 50.

Let me throw an option out for you. Not everyone here follows the Tight Regulation Protocol. With TR, a dose reduction occurs when numbers drop below 50 and doses are evaluated every 3 days. The alternative is Start Low Go Slow (SLGS). With this approach, a dose reduction occurs when numbers drop below 100 and doses are evaluated after a week. SLGS is not as aggressive as TR but, it doesn't have the research support that TR does. Either approach can work for your cat. It's your call as to which you think will be best for you and for Frankie.

3. Dan and Frankie

Dan and Frankie Member

Well it seems I have already started on the SLGS... but I have to do what ever fits the schedule... which is unpredictable at best and completely erratic most of the time... 8:15 was 192 and 9:15 was 181

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.