05/31 Kiki's Charlie AMPS 77

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kiki's Charlie, May 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiki's Charlie

Kiki's Charlie Member

Low number in the morning?
    Charlie had a very low number this morning AMPS (77), should I still shoot after food or wait, or just skip the injection?
    Advice appreciated!!
    Kiki

2. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

will you be able to monitor the next 6 hrs or so? do you have test strips and high carbs if needed?

can you handle low numbers alone? the next few hours are the time when the forum is the slowest and you may not be able to get help if you need it. i can't stay up with you. dyana would probably be checking in in about 4ish hours, but i can't be certain of that. there are other east coast people who might be checking in too, but for the next several hours it's usually quiet.

did you shoot yesterday morning? there's nothing in the amps or dose column.

3. Kiki's Charlie

Kiki's Charlie Member

Hi Julie
    No, I need to leave in two hours, and be gone for about 4 hours. I did shoot yesterday morning, the number just hadn't translated from the European part of the SS for some reason. but they're in now. She just ate and I will test again in 1/2 hour.
    Kiki

4. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

that would make me err on the side of conservative. you can't shoot low and leave her. if you have an opportunity and you're going to be home, then it's a good opportunity to lower the whole range of numbers and flatten her out.

but i wouldn't do it and leave. you can stall without feeding, keep testing every 15ish minutes and as soon as she's clearly rising, shoot then.

or give a reduced dose

or skip.

the details of these choices are in the "Shooting and Handling Low Numbers" sticky here.

i'm headed for bed - sorry i can't stay up with you. make sure you leave low carb canned food available for her when you leave. it's a little bit of insurance when you aren't home.

5. Kiki's Charlie

Kiki's Charlie Member

She's now on 22,8, so give her 1 unit as usual!?
    Kiki

6. Kiki's Charlie

Kiki's Charlie Member

OK Thanks for your advice - have a good night ; )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.