06/20 Boomer AMPS 99 +3 74 +6 86 PMPS 97 +3 74, Allen home from vet

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning!
    AMPS 99 shooting .75u

Boomer ate all of his overnight fuds except for a bit of his +6. I am trying to reduce his calorie intake so his +9 meal is basically 3 or 4 pieces of chicken with a smidgeon of chicken pate.

Last night ( in the evening) I had to syringe food into Allen but it did seem to help his appy. He kept sniffing around his fuds but wouldn't eat so I dug into the back of my "rejected cans" cupboard and found some Fowl Ball and some Hound & Gatos both of which he used to eat and then suddenly wouldn't. And he did eat a bit of each. I still syringed some more food into him though. Overnight he had lots of food to choose from and he did eat a bit of fowl ball and a bit of hound & gatos. This morning he has also eaten a bit of both. Still no poop. Allen is going to spend the day with Dr Larry and be put on an IV to rehydrate him.

This afternoon (with Boomer's permission at +5) we were planning on going to a provincial park about 30 minutes away....apparently there are Red-Headed Woodpeckers there and I've never been lucky enough to see/photograph one. But it's cloudy out and I'm afraid the light will not be good for photography so I think we'll put it off.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Boomer. I hope Allen gives you some poop today and the rehydration helps him. Sending prayers.

I hope you get to see the woodpeckers. Oops. I read that wrong. I hope you get to see then when you get to go.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  3. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Allen...more poop vines for you.

Be good Boomer.

4. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

All kinds of vines for Allen....

5. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Poop NOW , Allen :woot::woot::woot::woot::stop::woot:

6. Judy and Boomer

7. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Loads of poop and vetty vines for Allen :( Booms, no funny stuff today buddy. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Judy and Boomer

Allen went into the vetty just after 9:00 and just after 11:00 Dr Larry sent me a message that Allen was eating. And asked permission to give an enema.

9. Judy and Boomer

10. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I'm glad Allen is eating...hopefully the enema is successful in both cleaning him out and setting him back up for a good poop schedule.

11. Beth 73

Come on Allen !!!!

12. Judy and Boomer

Allen is home. I was hoping that he would be a wee bit livelier having been hydrated and having had an enema. He licked at some food a couple of times and now is laying in his bed in the living room.
    We're cutting back on the diazoxide.....going back to the old dose. And Dr Larry is looking at alternatives to keep his BG up.
    Dr Larry also said to give just one cisapride a day and one 3ml dose of lactulose. But I believe the 3ml dose of lactulose upset his tummy the other day so I think we'll give two 1.5ml doses.

13. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I’m glad he’s home and hope he feels better very soon

14. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 97 shooting .75u
    Allen isn't eating but I don't know how much he ate at the vet today.
    And in sympathy I guess, Boomer didn't want to eat. Boomer ALWAYS wants to eat. So idk. I got him to eat enough that I was able to give his shot.

15. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Food vines for both your boys. Hope Allen feels better now. Personally after an enema I think I would feel a little down as well and a wee bit violated.:smuggrin:

16. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

I agree, he probably just want to forget about it.

Judy and Boomer and Beth 73 like this.
  17. Beth 73

Ditto on the enema aftermath :woot: Prayers to Boomer for appy and to Allen for appy and a system emptying poo :eek::woot:;):bighug:

18. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Harley had an enema last year and it took a few days to get back to normal. He was put out, so that's a big deal on animals and not sure if Allen was, but it is evasive and no doubt he's a bit tender. He'll come around in a few days........btw, Harley is still on Restoralax (like Lacsadose) 1/8 tsp twice a day to keep his poop soft so it can pass and not constipate him. Something to do with how the water/fluids don't get into the bowel, so poop is harder and not always passable. It works for him, so be aware Allen may also have to have it for a while..........hope they fell better

19. Judy and Boomer

20. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Nobody likes enemas! I hope Allen will be feeling better by tomorrow. Vines on the way for hearty appetite for both boys. Did you see the woodpeckers?

21. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Sending poo vines for Allen and appy vines for both boys, along with some :bighug:s for the mamabean, who must be pretty stressed about the whole thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.