06/20 Mowgli AMPS 356 PMPS 245 + 3 184

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AmandaE, Jun 20, 2019.

1. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

06/19 Condo

Morning FDMB Peeps!

Looks like Mowgli is following his last pattern on 1u; low nights and bouncy mornings! I hope he gets used to the blues and greens soon and isn’t one of those cats that bounce eternally :)

Mowg-man you’re being dramatic :rolleyes:

Hope everyone has a great day :D

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    Reason for edit: Link to yesterday.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice to see that green last night. I hope Mowgli clears the bounce today.

AmandaE likes this.
  3. AmandaE

Thanks Carla!

4. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Looks like our kitties are going to bounce today! I think we shall call them the Bounce Boyso_O

AmandaE likes this.
  5. AmandaE

I think we shall ;)

Come back from the moon Bounce Boys!!!!

6. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Drama queen if u were a girl lol

7. AmandaE

He kind of has a fancy way of standing, who knows? Maybe he is a queen! It’s not my place to judge how he identifies!!

It’s a repeat pic but: Check out the fancy front paw!

Attached Files:

8. Bellasmom

Oh he is queen how sweet. Love the pic

AmandaE likes this.
  9. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

OMG - that picture made me laugh! All he needs is a tiara and off he goes!

10. AmandaE

I support any path he chooses to take so long as he’s happy ;)

In other news: searching the inter-web for cat tiaras :p

11. AmandaE

I love this one too! He’s all announcing his hunger with his good posture :p

Bellasmom likes this.
  12. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Love that Photo of Mowgli! Looks like he's getting ready to "tell" you to fetch a snack,NOW! Very Regal Looking :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

I think "HE" looks very ROYAL! upload_2019-6-20_12-7-59.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    AmandaE likes this.
  13. AmandaE

Happy Thursday Joy!!

He definitely was yelling at me to get him a snack! That image of the crowned cat is giving me major ideas for Mowgli! poor boy!! this is taking me back to my childhood days where I dressed my cat Merlin in doll clothes :smuggrin::smuggrin:

14. Bellasmom

Love it

AmandaE likes this.
  15. JoyBee&Ravan

Now I wish I hadn't sent that Pic! I have a problem with treating an animal like a "TOY" That's why I really dislike animal shows.

They are my companions & I really do LOVE them. Requiring them to do "Tricks" & dressing them up like dolls is not appropriate to me!

They are perfect,beautiful, just the way they are. I do Not think it's FUNNY either. It would be like dressing up my child strangely & laughing at him! I just never understood why people do that to animals! :(

16. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

What a nice picture of Mowgli, really fancy kitty!! :)

AmandaE likes this.
  17. AmandaE

I'm ok with it as long as it doesn't hurt them or impede them, I do see where you're coming from though. I trained Nyx to lay down for treats, I think it's good for her to think before getting rewards since it challenges her. Shes so smart too, it took only a couple hours to train her and she caught right on!

I also love dressing kids up ridiculously and enjoying that... my sister dressed her daughter up as a hamburger once for Halloween and I loved it! Different strokes for different folks :smuggrin:

A tiara wouldn't hurt Mowgli, he would be fine ... On with Queen Mowgli of the fancy pawed felines :cat::cat:

jkjk I wouldn't bother spending money on something like that... although I know he could work a crown! :woot:

18. JoyBee&Ravan

I have no problem with kids wearing costumes for " Halloween " I loved making Costumes for my boys! They enjoyed it & they had a choice, if they didn't like something I'd never force them to wear it.
    If your sister dressed her daughter as a Hamburger & the child didn't like it. Then she took photos so everyone could laugh over it, that would be very cruel!

People wear clothes (most of the time) animals do NOT. If it was to protect them from the cold I don't have an issue but to do it for FUN To entertain yourself???

If you had a child would you train it to "beg" or lay down for treats?
    It's nice you ,"understand where i'm coming from" But I really don't think you do.I have never understood why some people think it's fun to see an animal do tricks,or fall off a chair or be in clothes? Isn't there a better way to entertain yourself?

Over 45 yrs ago I read a book by Henry Beston It influenced my life & way of thinking. Here's something from that book.

[​IMG]

19. AmandaE

You’ll be glad to hear she loved it and also thought it was hilarious! It was just so sweet!

As an adult now I wouldn’t subject my cats to dressing them in doll clothes... and I don’t have a crown for Mowgli, I also know Mowgli would be indifferent if I put a little crown on his head as long as it didn’t have a fastener. What I wrote earlier was a joke and I’m sorry if I offended you, but as for my actions as a child I don’t feel the need to defend dressing my cat in doll clothes, I was a little girl who thought her cat would like cute in her magic nursery doll’s bonnet. I admit. Merlin definitely didn’t like it, but he didn’t put up a fuss either, he was a very good cat to have if you have 4 girls in the house :p

For me, this is a stretch, you didn’t ask your boys to do chores for allowance? It’s a reward for a positive action. Nyx loved learning to lay down for treats because it meant she got a ton of treats, and I always give her a treat when she lays down at command, I never fake her out.

I will say to be fair that I don’t have kids, so maybe I can’t fully understand the comparison.

I’m sorry if the phrasing came across here as condescending or lazy, it wasn’t intended that way. I meant something more along the lines of, I can appreciate where you’re coming from.

I can see we don’t have the same thought process on this topic, but: I DO respect your point of view. It’s great that you’re a champion of animal rights and care so deeply about how they’re treated and that they be treated with dignity - it’s no wonder your cats are so well cared for and live such wonderful lives :)

In my opinion you’ve painted me rather unfairly while trying to get your point of view across on this subject. While I agree that torturing cats or making them suffer for your amusement is never a good thing, I don’t believe it’s accurate or fair to imply that by a) joking about Mowgli wearing a tiara, b) teaching Nyx to lay down for a treat, or c) sharing a story about my childhood in a scenario that would never have happened if I had a 33 year old’s brain, are comparable to something like how animals are treated at a circus for the sake of human entertainment.

Thanks for sharing! Maybe something to add to my reading list :)

Thanks for sharing your opinions on this with me, the discussion escalated quickly!

While we may not fully agree on the degree of what is considered degrading treatment of animals, I think that we can definitely agree that it is important to treat your pet with caring, incorporate them into your family, and do what you think is best for them ... what individual caregivers consider as caring and kind could probably be likened to differences in parenting styles.

I’m glad to get to know a little more about you, there’s no person I like better than someone who has strong beliefs and convictions and is willing to stand up and be vocal about them :)

20. JoyBee&Ravan

Thank you!

My boys were told." this is a family, we all contribute" My sons were washing dishes( i do not have a dishwasher) & taking out the trash since they were 4 & 7yrs old! ( my husband left when they were 2 & 4 yrs old)
    There wasn't any money for allowance. They were asked to help out, because we are a Family. I never even considered paying them .

AmandaE likes this.
  21. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Ooh...is that a 13.6 (245) I see for PMPS ;) well perhaps someone is thinking about a dip in the lagoon tonight :D

AmandaE likes this.
  22. AmandaE

Awesome parenting :)

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  23. AmandaE

YES! I hope so! Mowgli is really struggling in the mornings from the time he’s spent on the beach and in the lagoons at night time....

I wonder what he is up to while he’s there!? It’s like his version of a hangover :p ;)

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  24. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

I see cycles like this too with Mav...for us, too many in a row and he earns a reducie...so keep a close eye tonight, maybe Mowgli is tired of swimming close to the sharkies, saying nana-nana-boo-boo then swimming away quickly :p, he might decide to get right in the deep end with them!

25. AmandaE

Hahaha always at night when I need to sleep!! Interesting how you’ve seen similar cycles with Maverick!

A couple of weeks ago I noticed the same thing and when we reduced to 0.75u he had these really nice, relatively flat blue green cycles and his AMPS’s started lowering. He ended up getting another reduction but I wish I would have kept the dose.

That’s when I asked for advice about lowering his reduction point, so now I’ll use reductions at 70 so that hopefully will lead to more time in ideal doses. :D

26. AmandaE

+3 184 @Pamela & Amethyst my turn for thunderstorms now!! We have some thunder and lightning on the go up North here ;)

Mowgli and Nyx don’t seem too bothered... I’m thankful

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.
  27. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

I love that pic of Mowgli so, so much. Sooooo much. <3

AmandaE likes this.
  28. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

OH GOOD! I am glad:bighug::bighug: We did not get any last night:) BUT now her Asthma is acting up:(

29. AmandaE

He’s so handsome and perfect and demanding!! :D

30. AmandaE

Never a break eh!? The thunder / lightning didn’t last too long, I enjoy watching the storms :)

31. AliceMeowliss (GA)

I had a person from my cat group do a thing!!! Credit to Helen Yang!

1C079E9D-E8C5-4CCF-B84F-80E302E32F58.jpeg

carfurby (GA) and AmandaE like this.
  32. AliceMeowliss (GA)

She made 3 more too.... :D

33. AmandaE

OMG YESSSSSS!!!!!!!
    The fanciest!!! LOLOLOL

SO CUUUUTE!!

34. AliceMeowliss (GA)

B3560175-9691-4482-9F35-B54EA3A3CFFB.jpeg

Attached Files:

carfurby (GA) and AmandaE like this.
  35. AmandaE

Love these! Tell your friend Helen thanks so much!!

Do you ever watch the office? I feel like Angela right now if you know what I mean :p

Mowgli is a handsome little ruler. :D

Also. Thanks for sharing ;)