06/23/18 Texas Gizmo PMPS=197, +3=160, +4.5=125

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Jun 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

06/22

AMPS=160 (1st test 71, 2nd test 160, 3rd test 144)

The 2nd test seemed like the best blood quantity. I was going to try and go back to bed but I guess not :rolleyes:

Ate pretty good - at least he finished it.

Happy Caturday :bighug:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Gizmo finished his food. It will be interesting to see where he goes today.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  3. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Happy Caturday, Lizzie. Hope sunny today. Drizzle rain here .

4. LizzieInTexas

Oh it is so hot. Yesterday was 95 with heat index of 105 :eek:. Running errands last night was miserable but at least I don't have to get out in it today :cool:

Jan Radar (GA) and HWright like this.
  5. HWright

I totally enervate in that kind of weather!!! Though years ago when I was a student in the Midwest, I must have acclimated to the 100& degree hot muggy summers. When I came back East to visit one summer, everyone was melting in an 85-90 degree heatwave and I was looking for a sweater to keep the chill off!

Beth 73 and LizzieInTexas like this.
  6. LizzieInTexas

It is the oppressive humidity not the heat that gets me. And the fact that it takes at least 10 min for the car AC to finally start cooling the car down (you know, about the time you get to your next stop :rolleyes::smuggrin:).

Sometimes I miss Oregon, usually about this time of the year. The cool nights, the mountains, the coast, but not the rain.

HWright likes this.
  7. HWright

Yes it’s the humidity that gets me, too, whatever the season.
    My grandmother used to call winter damp “rheumatism weather.” She didn’t have a name for summer sweats but she made a lot of iced tea with fresh mint from the garden!
    How long have you been in TX since leaving Oregon?

8. LizzieInTexas

Grew up in small, country setting in Oregon just outside Eugene area. Moved to Texas 34 years ago at age 19. And not just to Texas, but to the Rio Grande Valley (7 miles from the boarder- lol). Talk about a culture shock but I loved it. Lived there for 9 years and then moved to Houston area.

HWright likes this.
  9. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Hey Lizzie :bighug: Was wondering if you got new case of Duck yet and how you found the quality ? Sending prayers that you quit ending up with funky cans :bighug:

10. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope things are going well for you and Gizmo, Lizzie! His SS looks pretty good... :D

11. LizzieInTexas

Hubby picked up a case at Petco. Fingers crossed. The lot# and date are different from the icky food.

Beth 73 likes this.
  12. LizzieInTexas

Little higher than I would like but we were dealing with him not eating well. I think it may have been a bit of pancreatitis flare. Treating for anemia but that is going good. Over all pretty good for an old boy with so many issues. He just came and got some lovins :cat:

13. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=197

History:
    AMPS=160, +2=148, +4=118, +6=126, +11=177

14. LizzieInTexas

I need to order some syringes that have stiffer needles to give the Epogen and the B12. Both are currently given in the 100U syringes. B12=25U/dose, Epogen=20U/dose.

Both bottles have a very tough membrane (I don't know the technical term for it). The needles often bend. I am getting ready to order insulin syringes from ADW and want to order a box for these two meds.

Both B12 and Epogen are given sub-q. I don't care if they are insulin syringes - I can get the vet to give me the conversion to mg(?) dose (or what ever it is). Anyone have any suggestions? I don't fully understand the syringe measurements so a link would help me a lot.

I order my insulin syringes from ADW.

https://www.adwdiabetes.com/

I don't think I need a scrip (Texas) to get them.

15. Jan Radar (GA)

Jan Radar (GA) Well-Known Member

We also give B12 injections at home. My vet told me NOT to use insulin syringes. Last time we bought a box of "Exel Int Latex free 1 mL disposable Tuberculine syringes with needle" The package says "25 Gaugee x 5/8" These needles are ginormous compared to the insulin needles we are used to. It took us a while to get used to them... :nailbiting: I've never ordered these on ADW so can't really give a link. Radar's dose is 0.5 mls under the skin. i hope some of this is helpful. :)

16. LizzieInTexas

It did help. Thank you very much. I will research further tomorrow on ADW's site. I think the gauge is the size (circumference) - I hope someone can confirm. I would like to get it a small as possible and still gain some rigidity.

17. Jan Radar (GA)

Jan Radar (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm pretty sure the gauge is telling how big around the needle is. Glad I could help you a little. :)

18. HWright

Wow! Wonderful! Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.